Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaZi3L

sdcard reader doesn't work. Yomvi app neither

Hello...

anyone have problems with the sdcard reader?

Mine doesn't work. When I insert a sdcard I can read "checking errors" on status bar but nothing happens. When I go to storage settings and I press "activate sdcard": same problem, you can read "checking errors", message disappear in few seconds and nothing happens.... In my old tv box it works perfectly. Also on my computer.

Yomvi app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... omvi&hl=es) doesn't work neither. I can run it, but when I try to see some movie, tv show or channel It closes without error message.

Seriously, my two year old tv box with android 4.2 works better, I'm a bit disappointed... :cry:

I don't know much about the YomviI app, but other video playing apps like Shomi and CraveTV do exactly the same thing on both my MyGica boxes (ATV1800e and ATV1200). These third party apps are not supported by MyGica, so you will not likely get any support here for your Yomvil app.

This is sad, as the main reason I got an Android box was to be able to only use one media box for all my video needs... Android is very versatile and should be able to do all this on all the MyGica products, but it is does not. My old Dual-Core Samsung phone runs everything with ease, but not my new Quad-Core 1800e!

If MyGica could fix this issue on their boxes, then they truly would be the only media box you need... Wow, that sounds like a great marketing slogan... hint, hint.

FBN

The issue with apps like Shomi and Cravetv is they do not work on rooted devices. Which the MyGica is.

I think after much consideration we will be moving to a non rooted firmware in the future, as more people are using apps like Shomi, HBO GO etc.

There are very few people that use the box because it is rooted

I think we will be offering an option for rooted firmware for those looking for it still.

Thanks for the info Justin.

I've only had the rooted error when trying to view a video on HBO GO. Both Cravetv and Shomi attempt to play the video and then go to buffering, Shomi closes the video and goes to the ShomI main app screen, while Cravetv stops buffering and continues to play the video, however the video playback jerks and the audio is out of sync. So not all issues may be related to rooting.

FBN

Finally, the sdcard reader started to work.. I don't know why, but it works.

But, Yomvi (from Canal+) doesn't. I don´t know if it is a root problem. Before the purchase I saw in Mygica Spain a patch to solve the issue with Yomvi and atv1800 and olders: http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php. So I thought that with atv1900 the problem would be patched from factory... But, it doesn't !!!

A new one: In Kodi (xbmc), the remote back button takes me back to main screen not one screen back !! it's annoying... Now I use a mouse to control it because right click works properly to take you back only one screen. Is it a issue that can be solved editing the proper vendor.kl file from /system/usr/keylayout ?? What is the right file for this remote?

It is interesting that there is a patch for the Yomvi app for many of the MyGica boxes... I wonder if this patch would help with the others like Shomi and CraveTV which don't appear to be related to rooted devices.

Justin, What do you think? Do you think it worthwhile to investigate this patch to see if it can be applied for other video apps?

FBN

Finally, the sdcard reader started to work.. I don't know why, but it works.

But, Yomvi (from Canal+) doesn't. I don´t know if it is a root problem. Before the purchase I saw in Mygica Spain a patch to solve the issue with Yomvi and atv1800 and olders: http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php. So I thought that with atv1900 the problem would be patched from factory... But, it doesn't !!!

A new one: In Kodi (xbmc), the remote back button takes me back to main screen not one screen back !! it's annoying... Now I use a mouse to control it because right click works properly to take you back only one screen. Is it a issue that can be solved editing the proper vendor.kl file from /system/usr/keylayout ?? What is the right file for this remote?

The back button in KODI will be fixed on a OTA Update.

Good to see there is a patch

It is interesting that there is a patch for the Yomvi app for many of the MyGica boxes... I wonder if this patch would help with the others like Shomi and CraveTV which don't appear to be related to rooted devices.

Justin, What do you think? Do you think it worthwhile to investigate this patch to see if it can be applied for other video apps?

FBN

You guys can try the patch to see if it works.

We have to move away from being rooted though for a lot of these On Demand apps to start working.

We have to move away from being rooted though for a lot of these On Demand apps to start working.

Tried the patch and it didn't do anything for Shomi. I don't have CraveTV anymore, so can't try it, but doubt it would work.

I'm doing a factory reset to clear the patch out.

FBN

Tried the patch and it didn't do anything for Shomi. I don't have CraveTV anymore, so can't try it, but doubt it would work.

I'm doing a factory reset to clear the patch out.

FBN

Ok thanks for trying