Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farah

Kodi > HD Movies not working

Hi,

When I click on a movie in the HD Movies within Kodi , it shows circling and after a while , cursor returns to movie list without loading anything.

Kodi > Chanel1 > I choose a movie > it starts ans shows for a couple of minutes and then suddenly intrupts and control returns to the movie list.

I have to double click and resume the movie.

I checked the upgrade and there is nothing available to upgrade.

Regards

When I first started using XBMC with my ATV1200 I found that almost none of the streams worked. I just started to torrent everything I wanted to watch and played it on my 1200. But I didn't give up... After testing XBMC on my PC connected to my home internet, I discovered that the problem had something to do with my internet connection, since it worked much better on my PC when connected to the internet using an LTE turbo stick. I have my internet service from Rogers, so I thought that they were somehow blocking my streaming... EVIL Rogers! :evil:

Well I did some reading and found an obscure (can't find it again) YouTube video about this issue and how to fix it! It had to do with a setting in the modem which needed to be disabled or turned off. The setting was UPnP and it is found in most modems and routers. I turned it off on my Rogers modem and BANG many more of the streams started to work and were more reliable! I've also read that the UPnP feature is buggy and is a known security risk to your home network and should be turned off anyway.

Here is a link regarding the security risk:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe ... rity-bugs/

Now I'm not saying it will fix the problems you are having.... but don't you think it is worth a try?

FBN

Thanks from your help. It worked. Now it is showing HD movies although it interupts eveyy few minutes for buffering.

Is there any solution for buffering interruption. My internet speed is 26 MPS.

Regards,

Thanks from your help. It worked. Now it is showing HD movies although it interupts eveyy few minutes for buffering.

Is there any solution for buffering interruption. My internet speed is 26 MPS.

Regards,

Sounds more like an issue on the server side that is streaming the HD movie.

I find I can watch HD content flawlessly late at night. But from like 4pm to 11pm, I just watch HQ stuff instead.