Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian

MyGica atv585 Mag tv problem

Hello everyone. I am all new to this.

I have bought a MyGica 585 while on holiday in Cyprus so I can get the English channels, but my Mag TV will not work.

I bought it from a computer shop who now says Mag TV have a problem? I don't know what to do now.

I have deleted & reinstalled the software but it still wont work.

Is there some settings I need to do?

Spoiling my holiday now as I feel they just took the money off me saying its all ready to go. Mag TV was great but now it just wont work.

Thank you

Ian

Hello everyone. I am all new to this.

I have bought a MyGica 585 while on holiday in Cyprus so I can get the English channels, but my Mag TV will not work.

I bought it from a computer shop who now says Mag TV have a problem? I don't know what to do now.

I have deleted & reinstalled the software but it still wont work.

Is there some settings I need to do?

Spoiling my holiday now as I feel they just took the money off me saying its all ready to go. Mag TV was great but now it just wont work.

Thank you

Ian

Which app version of Mag TV do you have?

There was an update in the Play Store for it, that should fix a lot of issues.

Let me know

Thanks

hi Justin

I downloaded the new app off the MyGica site. I don't know what I have to do now to make it work?

I phoned the shop I bought it from but they say there is a software issue & would not be ready till next week, the shop knows I leave for the UK on Saturday so think something is not right.

It downloaded fine but I must have to set it up in someway?

Sorry if its just a simple thing but I love the box & Mag tv live was great for the few days I had it. I think the version is 8.8

I don't know what I have to type in on the Portal screen to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Ian

hi Justin

I downloaded the new app off the MyGica site. I don't know what I have to do now to make it work?

I phoned the shop I bought it from but they say there is a software issue & would not be ready till next week, the shop knows I leave for the UK on Saturday so think something is not right.

It downloaded fine but I must have to set it up in someway?

Sorry if its just a simple thing but I love the box & Mag tv live was great for the few days I had it. I think the version is 8.8

I don't know what I have to type in on the Portal screen to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Ian

dmmN_oinji8

Here is a How to Video about the setup.

Version 8.8 is the latest app.

In order to set it up though you need service, so you will need to know the Portal URL Address to type in, and also make sure the MAC address that is being used is the one you signed up with, or type in the Username and Password that was created for you, when the portal loads up.

This app will not work at all without service.

If the place you bought it from did it for you, then you will have to get them to do it for you again. If they are saying there waiting on software, there lying to you.

There is no software update needed, this has been working fine since Feb 2015, just the app needed updating as Mag 250/254 had some API changes on there portals.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I think the box must have been set up with a free service provider or free trial. Could you please advise me a good service provider so I can set the box correctly.

I looked for providers but confused which one to use. Prices seem to be all different too so looking for a good service at the right price.

I only have another day in Cyprus then back to the UK so I don't know if that will make a difference in the box set up?

Thanks again for your help in this matter, I love the box & will spend a lot more time trying to get the best out of the system. I may even look at getting the bigger box once in the UK.

Regards

Ian

Thank you for the fast reply.

I think the box must have been set up with a free service provider or free trial. Could you please advise me a good service provider so I can set the box correctly.

I looked for providers but confused which one to use. Prices seem to be all different too so looking for a good service at the right price.

I only have another day in Cyprus then back to the UK so I don't know if that will make a difference in the box set up?

Thanks again for your help in this matter, I love the box & will spend a lot more time trying to get the best out of the system. I may even look at getting the bigger box once in the UK.

Regards

Ian

We are unable to suggest service providers for Mag 250/254

These services are very popular around Europe, so just search for some and look at there channel lists till you find one that you like.

Most providers work worldwide, so it should not make a difference as to where your located when watching it.