Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

albyf

Screen centering on atv1800 with rca connectors (not hdmi)

Hello, I've got an atv1200 and I'm thinking if I've to buy the 1800 to make an hardware upgrade.

I've a specific necessity: the rca cvbs connectors perfectly working and the possibility to correct the screen centering (not only the screen size).

I've got a big CRT TV and I would like to continue using it

I know that atv1800/1800e has the rca connectors for analogic output, but on mygica atv 1200 I can't upgrade from android 4.1 to 4.2 because of this thing. On android 4.2, on the atv1200, the app oobe (with this app you correct the screen centering) doesn't work with rca connectors, this app has a bug with android 4.2 and so you can modify only the screen size but you can't centre it if it's decentered and you do not use HDMI.

Any experience about that?

Hello, I've got an atv1200 and I'm thinking if I've to buy the 1800 to make an hardware upgrade.

I've a specific necessity: the rca cvbs connectors perfectly working and the possibility to correct the screen centering (not only the screen size).

I've got a big CRT TV and I would like to continue using it

I know that atv1800/1800e has the rca connectors for analogic output, but on mygica atv 1200 I can't upgrade from android 4.1 to 4.2 because of this thing. On android 4.2, on the atv1200, the app oobe (with this app you correct the screen centering) doesn't work with rca connectors, this app has a bug with android 4.2 and so you can modify only the screen size but you can't centre it if it's decentered and you do not use HDMI.

Any experience about that?

I am not familiar with CRT TVs, as I do not own one and have not used one on our boxes. And all of my friends and family don't have them anymore either. So I haven't had the chance to use it this way before.

So is there anyone on here that has experience with using the 1800E on a CRT TV?

Maybe it's not necesary a CRT TV

Maybe it's sufficient that you connect your atv1800 to your tv with the RCA connectors, not HDMI, ad use a very low resolution.

In this case to have a CRT or a LED TV is the same...it works only as a screen.

You have only to tell me if working like this, you can regulate centering, so if you can move the screen right or left (if there is a funcion like this still...I mean Oobe app of atv1200) and not only the screen size

Maybe it's sufficient that you connect your atv1800 to your tv with the RCA connectors, not HDMI, ad use a very low resolution.

You have only to tell me if working like this, you can regulate centering, so if you can move the screen right or left (if there is a funcion like this still...I mean Oobe app of atv1200) and not only the screen size

We do not have an app like oobe from 1200 on the 1800.

So you can't regulate centering but only screen size?

So you can't regulate centering but only screen size?

That is correct.

I'm using an 1800 with an old 4:3 CRT, which is probably even worse than what you have :D

Anyway - there is no option to adjust anything regarding centering. You can adjust size/scaling to an extent, but on my TV it's not enough; the MyGica UI drops out of bounds. Not by much, so it's not that bad, and I only use the box for Kodi, which brings me to my next point:

Kodi will happily play along. It has its own settings to adjust position and aspect ratio. If Kodi is the only thing you use, like me, then you'll be fine with a 1800, but I presume you can get the same thing on your 1200 anyway. If you use things other than Kodi, then there's no point in upgrading.

I'm using an 1800 with an old 4:3 CRT, which is probably even worse than what you have :D

Anyway - there is no option to adjust anything regarding centering. You can adjust size/scaling to an extent, but on my TV it's not enough; the MyGica UI drops out of bounds. Not by much, so it's not that bad, and I only use the box for Kodi, which brings me to my next point:

Kodi will happily play along. It has its own settings to adjust position and aspect ratio. If Kodi is the only thing you use, like me, then you'll be fine with a 1800, but I presume you can get the same thing on your 1200 anyway. If you use things other than Kodi, then there's no point in upgrading.

Thanks for sharing this