Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mam125

Problem scanning for Canadian TV channels

Hi.

I have just purchased a MyGica ATV586, and I am getting it set up.

I scanned for over-the-air TV channels, and it easily found several U.S. TV channels, but did not find the Canadian TV channel (which is much closer than the U.S. channels, and my TV gets it with no problem).

I have the "Area" set to U.S./Canada/ATSC

I tried automatic and manual scanning.

(I am trying to get channel CKWS, channel 11, digital channel 11.1, near Kingston Ontario Canada)

Any advice?

Thanks.

For antennas, I tried the small antenna included with the MyGica, and also a $30 RCA flat antenna.

Both worked fine when connected directly to the TV (got all channels including Canadian).

When either antenna is connected to the MyGica box, it only gets the U.S. channels.

I will keep trying, maybe different antenna locations.

Good to know that it does work in Canada.

Thanks.

For antennas, I tried the small antenna included with the MyGica, and also a $30 RCA flat antenna.

Both worked fine when connected directly to the TV (got all channels including Canadian).

When either antenna is connected to the MyGica box, it only gets the U.S. channels.

I will keep trying, maybe different antenna locations.

Good to know that it does work in Canada.

Thanks.

I find indoor antennas do not work well in Canada.

You don't have an outdoor antenna by chance?

I moved my antenna to a higher location (in the garage) and now it gets the local Canadian station.

Thanks for the tips.

But that is the only Canadian station I can get over-the-air.

Any advice on the best add-ons to watch or stream Canadian TV?

There was a pre-loaded Kodi add-on for CBC on demand. That is good.

Are there similar ones for Global or CTV?

What is the best method to get more add-ons? From a website onto a USB stick? Or through the browser on the Mygica?

I moved my antenna to a higher location (in the garage) and now it gets the local Canadian station.

Thanks for the tips.

But that is the only Canadian station I can get over-the-air.

Any advice on the best add-ons to watch or stream Canadian TV?

There was a pre-loaded Kodi add-on for CBC on demand. That is good.

Are there similar ones for Global or CTV?

What is the best method to get more add-ons? From a website onto a USB stick? Or through the browser on the Mygica?

I am unable to suggest add ons for KODI that are Third Party. The best suggestion I can give would be to look for How To Videos on You Tube.

To install these add ons, majority of them can be installed directly through KODI on the box.

Hi,

I'm located in Montreal Canada and I’ve run channel scans for OTA tv stations on the ATV 586 with firmware versions:

- V002MB01_20150618

- 20151111 (The latest released version)

and I'm always picking up the following 2 channel Station Names as no name in DTV.

Virtual channel Real Channel Station Name Network Name

47.1 47.1 CFHD-DT ICI

62.1 49.1 CJNT-DT Montréal City

This is not a major issue; but, DTV identifies both stations as 0-0 and I’m not able to access them using the channel up/down keys.

I've tried to edit the name of the stations using the edit program from the DTV menu; but, in the menu, it says to hit the info key to edit the name; but, I do not see that key on the remote that came with the ATV586.

Any idea's how to edit the station name and will this correct the up/down channel issue?

Does this type of issue have to be corrected in a new ATV 586 firmware release?

Thanks

Erudmuc

Hi,

I'm located in Montreal Canada and I’ve run channel scans for OTA tv stations on the ATV 586 with firmware versions:

- V002MB01_20150618

- 20151111 (The latest released version)

and I'm always picking up the following 2 channel Station Names as no name in DTV.

Virtual channel Real Channel Station Name Network Name

47.1 47.1 CFHD-DT ICI

62.1 49.1 CJNT-DT Montréal City

This is not a major issue; but, DTV identifies both stations as 0-0 and I’m not able to access them using the channel up/down keys.

I've tried to edit the name of the stations using the edit program from the DTV menu; but, in the menu, it says to hit the info key to edit the name; but, I do not see that key on the remote that came with the ATV586.

Any idea's how to edit the station name and will this correct the up/down channel issue?

Does this type of issue have to be corrected in a new ATV 586 firmware release?

Thanks

Erudmuc

We are aware of the NO NAME issues being given on some channels in multiple different areas.

We have found the problem and are working on the solution for this.

Once fixed, the channels will scan in properly.

This update will take a few weeks to make.

As for renaming, if you go into the menu of the DTV Player, under program edit.

From there you can rename the channel.

If you cannot figure this out I can make a video for it.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info.

If you can provide me with a video that would be great.

I tried a few times and I'm not able to edit the channel name using the method I stated in the previous post.

Thanks

Rudy

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info.

If you can provide me with a video that would be great.

I tried a few times and I'm not able to edit the channel name using the method I stated in the previous post.

Thanks

Rudy

Hi Justin,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally figured out how to rename the scanned channels.

The problem I was having is that in the DTV menu it said to hit the info key, on the remote, to edit the name and I finally realized :D that the info key is the ok key on the remote and the trick was to hold the key down for a few seconds and then the rename edit window opened and I was able to rename the name.

Thanks

Erudmuc