Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dabozo

Frequency switcher problem

A friend to f mine told me about a problem he was having with the 520E box I set up for him.

No matter what you select in Kodi, a dialogue box appears saying something like, 'frequency switcher...resolution already set...'

Basically it's useless now.

So I disconnected it and brought it home to diagnose and repair...funny thing is, it works fine here. No dialogue box appears.

So I'm thinking it may have to do with his tv? He swears he did not change any setting on his TV...

Secondly, to be safe, I decided I would reinstall the 4.2.2 kodi 14.1.

I go to 'upgrade' , 'local update' and nothing happens..just an empty page appears.

Any ideas on my two problems?

A friend to f mine told me about a problem he was having with the 520E box I set up for him.

No matter what you select in Kodi, a dialogue box appears saying something like, 'frequency switcher...resolution already set...'

Basically it's useless now.

So I disconnected it and brought it home to diagnose and repair...funny thing is, it works fine here. No dialogue box appears.

So I'm thinking it may have to do with his tv? He swears he did not change any setting on his TV...

Secondly, to be safe, I decided I would reinstall the 4.2.2 kodi 14.1.

I go to 'upgrade' , 'local update' and nothing happens..just an empty page appears.

Any ideas on my two problems?

ATV 520E is manual updates only, we do not offer OTA updates for this model.

You can find the latest firmware file here

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

As for the KODI issues, that I am not sure of.

I thought I was being clear...I'm trying to reapply the update that you are referring to using the upgrade app but it does not work. I never spoke of OTA updates.

I select 'local update' and a message appears for 0.1 seconds and then I'm left with a blank screen with just a 'back' button.

I have the proper file on my sd card by the way.

What could be causing this?

ive done some searching here and it seems that if no files appear on the screen it is because the box already has the latest update.

But what if i want to reinstall the update?? I want to reinstall it because my friend obviously changed some setting somewhere and probably the best way to fix this is to simply reinstall the update...how can i do this Justin?

ive done some searching here and it seems that if no files appear on the screen it is because the box already has the latest update.

But what if i want to reinstall the update?? I want to reinstall it because my friend obviously changed some setting somewhere and probably the best way to fix this is to simply reinstall the update...how can i do this Justin?

Wookies Suggestion of Factory resetting is a good one

I know I always have that option...I was hoping not to go there cause last thing I want to do is accudently brick it....and it's not my box.

Ya never know...

I did get the file to appear after all using the "10x" method on the remote but never went thru with it cause I've read here ppl saying their boxes hung without completing the (re)update.

I just ended up using config wiz fresh start. Hoping it righted some errant setting. I'll find out tomorrow when I return box. Thanks.