Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmaniac

wont reboot

ok the upgrade button is the small brass ring on the bottom of the atv582 correct I press down on it I hear and feel it click I plug it in and my unit just boots to the main menu

I have a friend that has the measy b4k with the exact issue as he can not upgrade his unit for the exact same reason

any ideas on how to proceed so that I can have my unit up to date

thanks

I have the same problem - upgrade button does not work.

I tried local update it finds a firmware update, says it will make a reboot and upgrade but made ​​just reboot.

I have searched the internet and can't find any info on that button or if there is one under the stickers I am not ripping those off

suppose to be a video as well

oh well mine works fine as is just glad I didn't brick it

have to wait for Justin to hopefully give us info as what to do to get these to update

nothing else on the sd it is unzipped and in exactracted the order as shown in the pdf each one was copied and placed in to the sd card there is nothing else connected to the atv582 other then the hdmi sd card and after holding down the button then the power supply

every time any usb or sd is installed in to my laptop after I grab whats needed it is always formatted to fat32 or ntfs if the box requires that format and I only have one and yes this was formatted to fat32

as mention my buddies measy b4k same issue as this box will not go to boot

are they made from the same manufacturer measy and mygica

Thanks to lifeisfun, the image below will show you where the upgrade hole is on the bottom of your box.

I have upgraded all units we have in stock, using the steps I posted, and have not had any problems upgrading.

Future shipments will have this labeled, as I have brought this up with Mygica already.

WIN_20140614_085626_zpsfd7970b0.jpg.6678385201b5b14763539055d7b52269.jpg

did have to do a full format to the sd card and it is now upgrading the box

kinda of different but thanks that's what did the trick

ok thats good to hear that it worked for you now.