Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotliner

Rename my device?

I have two ATV380's and I"m using Plex For Android. I have my plex server all set up .. but when i try to run both 380's at the same time.. the server gets confused.. I think it may have something to do with the naming of the units.. perhaps they are the same name.

I've had multiple Android and other units running against this machine the past... however with these... when playing two separate shows the 380's flip flop ... showing one movie then moving to the other..

Thoughts?

Hotliner

I have two ATV380's and I"m using Plex For Android. I have my plex server all set up .. but when i try to run both 380's at the same time.. the server gets confused.. I think it may have something to do with the naming of the units.. perhaps they are the same name.

I've had multiple Android and other units running against this machine the past... however with these... when playing two separate shows the 380's flip flop ... showing one movie then moving to the other..

Thoughts?

Hotliner

Sorry but I am not familiar with Plex.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

HI Justin

I'm not so worried about Plex as I know it supports more than one unit.. that said I want to know how to change the devices within the "MyGica" / Android Environment

Cheers

Hotliner

HI Justin

I'm not so worried about Plex as I know it supports more than one unit.. that said I want to know how to change the devices within the "MyGica" / Android Environment

Cheers

Hotliner

This feature is available on Android 5, since I have used it myself.

It is not supported on 4.4

Thanks for the quick reply Justin...

So the 380 uses 4.4? Is there an update to it that would bring it up to 5.x so that I can rename it?

Hotliner

I'm sure Justin will pop in on Monday... but to not leave you hanging - Last I heard the Lolipop update was 'hopefully' coming out by the end of the month.

So to answer your question - Not yet.

Thanks for the quick reply Justin...

So the 380 uses 4.4? Is there an update to it that would bring it up to 5.x so that I can rename it?

Hotliner

I am currently running a Lollipop update myself on a 1800E and 582. Which do use the same Firmware as the 380.

It runs great on the 1800E, but runs slow on the 582 due to the Ram Usage.

Waiting for the engineers to optimize it better for 1GB Ram devices.

Lollipop supports even 512MB Ram devices, so I am positive this will be fixed.

Thanks Justin.. I eagerly look forward to the update.. as it stands .. I cannot use more than one device at a time against the plex server. I can for the time being map a shared drive using xbmc.. but I'd prefer in the end to use Plex

Cheers

Holtiner