Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bozz

AV port doesn't work correctly on 582

I would like to use the 582 on one of my older large Analog TV's. it does not have HDMI, but does have RCA inputs.

the 582 works correctly while hooked up to a tv with hdmi inputs.

I tried changing the screen output to 480P ( 480i is not an option anymore), but when i try it on the older tv, I get a rolling image. which is not watchable.

Is it my unit or has this option been discontinued and yet the cable is still included in the box?

I have tried several of the screen options. it does not make any difference.

Thanks

I would like to use the 582 on one of my older large Analog TV's. it does not have HDMI, but does have RCA inputs.

the 582 works correctly while hooked up to a tv with hdmi inputs.

I tried changing the screen output to 480P ( 480i is not an option anymore), but when i try it on the older tv, I get a rolling image. which is not watchable.

Is it my unit or has this option been discontinued and yet the cable is still included in the box?

I have tried several of the screen options. it does not make any difference.

Thanks

You have to change the resolution setting to 480i through HDMI and then you can use the RCA Outputs.

The issue is, RCA is defaulted to 576i PAL mode, which older TVs do not recognize PAL, as we use NTSC.

Where would this setting be found? Under "settings ->Display" i only have HDMI Auto detect enable or disable.

When i select Disable, it lists only 720p/1080p options --

Disable the auto detect

Then you can change the resolution

okay i was able to sort this out by first plugging it into a 720p tv using the rca cables -- it defaults to 576 cvbs mode under dispay - settings -- i had to select that drop down and change it to 480 and then it worked.

TLDR:plug into rca of HD tv to configure for your sd tv.

okay i was able to sort this out by first plugging it into a 720p tv using the rca cables -- it defaults to 576 cvbs mode under dispay - settings -- i had to select that drop down and change it to 480 and then it worked.

TLDR:plug into rca of HD tv to configure for your sd tv.

RCA Is defaulted to 576 resolution, which when using RCA is also PAL.

Most older TV's do not support PAL only NTSC

I have tried a few things.

Sorry the option of 480i does not exist for me. only 480p.

I have given up and ordered a hdmi to RCA conversion box.