Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

Gotham 13.0 vs 13.1

Thanks Justin for making the XBMC 13.0 Gotham APK File for the ATV 582 and 1800E available in the download section. I updated the firmware to 0614, but I decided to go with Gotham 13.1.

I find 13.1 more stable - less crashing. Also I find 13.0 exhibiting weird cropping and stretching for movies in 1:2.35 aspect ratio. Tried with many factory resets and reinstalls, both from xbmc.org site and yours for 13.0 and each has the same behaviour. 13.1 does not have that problem.

Ok i will make note of this to have this fixed in our version.

As far as I know the XBMC 13.1 version from xbmc.org does not support 4K/2K video playback, so for now we are sticking with our own version.

thanks now i know why you didn't put up 13.1 which is so much better then the 13.0

Sorry did you mean that the 13.1 xbmc.org version works better for you?

Is 13.1 laggy on atv582 when playing HD movie since hardware decoding does not work on 13.1?

13.1 works good for me when using it with the latest 582 firmware update.

You have a choice to use this version, or the new pre installed version of gotham we provide now, however it is 13.0

My box was finally delivered today, tried the two firmware upgrade. I had the same problem with the pre-installed XBMC 13.0 as the OP, but 13.1 from xbmc.org works great.

Overall it's a solid box, with kitkat 4.4.2, you can choose the ART runtime, it's really nice!

Hi Guys. Forgive my newbie question. Have just bought ATV 582. Read all the posts on forums on updates. Have done the initial firmware update and the freezing / overheating update. I don't have a 4k tv, so plan on just doing the standard XBMC 13.1 update from the official site. As it sounds most stable from all I have read on these forums. (My silly Question now:) - From XBMC site do I install Android (ARM) or (X86)? Try not to laugh. Thank you in advance

Hi Guys. Forgive my newbie question. Have just bought ATV 582. Read all the posts on forums on updates. Have done the initial firmware update and the freezing / overheating update. I don't have a 4k tv, so plan on just doing the standard XBMC 13.1 update from the official site. As it sounds most stable from all I have read on these forums. (My silly Question now:) - From XBMC site do I install Android (ARM) or (X86)? Try not to laugh. Thank you in advance

You would be installing the ARM version.

Don't worry it is not a silly question