Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkastner

How to boot to Android OS?

I have a ATV380 and on first boot I had the option of booting to Linux or the MyGica menu. I want to get this to auto-load up Plex, and have installed autostart no root, however apps don't seem to launch when it boots to the MyGica menu. I've factory restored the device, but it still just boots into the MyGica menu.

Any suggestions on how to get around this (or to get the autostart no root to boot Plex) would be greatly appreciated.

go to settings (more settings) and the home select which launcher you want, probably you want the stock android launcher, but linux ... donĀ“t think you can do that.

Sorry, you are correct. I meant Android, not Linux. :)

When I look in Settings More Settings I don't see a home option. I had assumed it would be there, but have gone through the menus multiple times and don't see this option. Am I just blind? Or is it named something else?

Metro Launcher does not show up in the list of installed apps. Is it something I need to install first?

it do not called Metro Launcher, it just called Launcher

I don't see Launcher in the list of applications either. When I look at settings / more settings and go to apps there is nothing with "launcher" in the title. I also don't see anything else installed that looks equivalent.

I am running the Sept 2015 OS, and am getting frustrated as I know it's not supposed to be as complicated as it's being. I just don't know why this is proving to be such an issue. I've done this successfully in the past with previous MyGica devices, but it was a year or more ago, and this time it's just annoying as hell.

Any other suggestions?

well, on my box its under settings > home > mygica 4k hd home smth smth ....

or you can install a launcher (search google play tv launcher)

I don't see any of those settings... which is part of my confusion. I am on an ATV380, with the current firmware (Sept 2015). I don't understand why everyone else can see options that I don't. I would expect the experience to be pretty universal between devices, no?

I will try and install a launcher and see how it goes.

settings > More Setting > Back up reset > Factory Reset

That was actually the first thing I tried, but it still drops me into the MyGica menu - it does not prompt me for the preferred interface.

That was actually the first thing I tried, but it still drops me into the MyGica menu - it does not prompt me for the preferred interface.

That is because the MyGica main menu is the only Android Launcher that is running on your box

If you want a secondary option, you need to install a 2nd Android Launcher.

You can find 100s of them to choose from in the Google Play store.

There were a few already suggested to you in this thread.

That is because the MyGica main menu is the only Android Launcher that is running on your box

If you want a secondary option, you need to install a 2nd Android Launcher.

You can find 100s of them to choose from in the Google Play store.

There were a few already suggested to you in this thread.

My only question on this, is that at very first boot I did get the prompt for Android or MyGica and chose MyGica, but only for this time. would the update to Sept 2015 firmware have wiped this out? I'd like to understand what I did wrong, to avoid in the future.

All of our new firmwares from now on only have 1 Android launcher, so you will not get the option for a 2nd launcher. Unless you install one on your own from the Play Store.

So yes the Sept update would have wiped out your 2nd launcher.