Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raymondtrudeau

1900 and hiss on speakers when passthrough selected..

i have a problem with the 1900..i have bluray movies on a external hard drive connected to the 1900..i open kodi ver 15.1 and have set the audio setting to passthrough and checked off dd and dts...but all I get is white noise(hiss) through all speakers..there is no sound...

if I unselect the passthrough I get only pcm 2.0 sound..

now my friend let me try his 582, and with the same settings the 582 played the 5.1 sound perfectly...

anyone know how to fix this?

Hi raymondtrudeau,

Not sure if you've been able to fix this. I have the exact same issue. I can get it to force passthrough however by hitting the remote volume buttons down one and back up (MyGica remote). This allows the passthrough to work. Sucks though you will need to do this each time the box/kodi is re-loaded.

this is an issue with this device, and currently 1900 cannot pass thru any kind of 5.1 audio...

They (Justin) is aware, and are looking to have this resolved on next update.

anyone know how to fix this?

Hi raymondtrudeau,

Not sure if you've been able to fix this. I have the exact same issue. I can get it to force passthrough however by hitting the remote volume buttons down one and back up (MyGica remote). This allows the passthrough to work. Sucks though you will need to do this each time the box/kodi is re-loaded.

Sorry I just want to clarify this

Your saying Passthrough works for DD 5.1 when you change the volume up/down on the mygica remote?

This is when using Android or Kodi?

Sorry I just want to clarify this

Your saying Passthrough works for DD 5.1 when you change the volume up/down on the mygica remote?

This is when using Android or Kodi?

Hi Justin,

Correct. If i try to use passthrough any time i play a file with 5.1 or above audio the speakers just make a hissing sound. But to get around this, i hit the volume down and then volume up on the mygica remote and the audio is picked up by the amp. I will see either DD or DTS flash up on my amp and everything then works great!

This is via Kodi.

I just purchased an AMP for the office here

Should be delivered by Friday.

To use for testing

Will have to try this.

I want to have as much testing tools in the office to be able to reproduce the issues any of you guys are having.

To use for testing

Will have to try this.

I want to have as much testing tools in the office to be able to reproduce the issues any of you guys are having.

Cool. Extra details for you are any H.264 or H.265 files encoded with DD or DTS. Either MKV or MP4

Also resent a PM to you in relation to the firmware you were going to chase up with the tech team. On the older firmware I didn't have this issue.

To use for testing

Will have to try this.

Cool. Extra details for you are any H.264 or H.265 files encoded with DD or DTS. Either MKV or MP4

Also resent a PM to you in relation to the firmware you were going to chase up with the tech team. On the older firmware I didn't have this issue.

Yes still cannot find it, and waiting for download link to be sent from china office.

I will get the files you mentioned tested here and post results

Yes still cannot find it, and waiting for download link to be sent from china office.

I will get the files you mentioned tested here and post results

Champion! Thanks heaps Justin. Looking forward to your test results also.

Duplicated on my system.

AMP: NAD T787

Hiss upon start up, and volume down and up on remote fixed it. Full surround now

In addition, on any 2.0 stream, my volume output will be low. Hit volume down and the output increases. Not sure if its related.