Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meyer_lanski

VERY SLOW AND WEAK WIFI/INTERNET

I just purchased a 582 box and the wifi is VERY SLOW/WEAK. I read through all forum discussions and am still having issues. Ran a speedtest (using ookla that I downloaded from google play store) and speed spikes each time i try between 2-4mpbs but most of the time at 0.9-1mpbs! I have 60mpbs down and 10 up from my ISP.

All other devices I tested (2 laptops, 2 mobile phones running andoid, xbox ect) from the same room that the mygica is in and have much faster speeds so I know it's not related to my router settings or internet.

I tried placing the box away from anything that can interfere, tried resetting box and router, changing channels on router but nothing seems to work.

It's so bad that most of the time I can't even watch anything off of Kodi or even Netflix, it buffers like crazy (on SD). From the comments on other posts it seems I'm not the only one.

Please help myself and those with the same issue.

I had a meeting with AMLogic this week in regards to this.

We have to take the original driver from Broadcom now, and then rebuild it into the Android Kernel.

Since the way it was done the first time, was wrong.

I don't have a time frame on how long this will take, as this was not mentioned right now.

Just wanted to update you guys on this.