Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yudumcan

Is ATV582 still reliable?

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying the ATV582 model as it's on sale at the moment. I've gone through most of the related threads some people happy some people complain about the wifi. My question is, today is this model still reliable?

I'm only going to use it for Kodi live TV nothing else. My other option is to get M8 Android box which also has a bad wifi connection reputation.

What do you guys suggest?

Cheers

I"m using my 582 with no issues, but largely using powerline adapters as an ethernet connection. Having no real issues - occasionally need to force stop Kodi to clear some junk but using the box since Christmas last year with no issues.

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying the ATV582 model as it's on sale at the moment. I've gone through most of the related threads some people happy some people complain about the wifi. My question is, today is this model still reliable?

I'm only going to use it for Kodi live TV nothing else. My other option is to get M8 Android box which also has a bad wifi connection reputation.

Cheers

The Wifi disconnect and Speed issues are a known issue to our team.

This will be fixed.

I personally use a 582 at home on one of my main TV's, mainly due to its size, but also the speed and performance. I use it on Ethernet though. It is still one of my favorite models.

Specs wise it is a great box, it still scores a benchmark test of 31,000+, which is very good for a Quad Core device using 1GB Ram.

Cheers

i have issues with wifi after the latest OTA, but in kodi you can tweak advancedsettings.xml and increase the buffer and temporarily fix it... i mainly use it for kodi/IPTV

hope after the next OTA it gets fixed

If you want to use wifi its garbage and completely unusable. Ive pointed at least 5 people buying these after I did, now I look like an ass.

Ive been keeping my eye on these forums for months now and have seen Justin say "It will be fixed" many times, and just ignore some others. I gave up and had to find a way to hard wire mine until I change to something else.

Steer anyone in a different direction than this if I was you.

If you want to use wifi its garbage and completely unusable. Ive pointed at least 5 people buying these after I did, now I look like an ass.

Ive been keeping my eye on these forums for months now and have seen Justin say "It will be fixed" many times, and just ignore some others. I gave up and had to find a way to hard wire mine until I change to something else.

+1

thanks for the reply. So you're saying even if the router is in the same room wifi would be crap? I don't have a phone jack to put ethernet where the TV is and will have to pay to get it rewired.

My other option was to get M8 but I heard it's wifi connection is crap too. Looks like I'm going to stick with my ipad for now...

Hopefully the next firmware will fix the Wifi issue. It's been a known issue and has been in 'we're working on it' status for quite some time now. Once that's dealt with (hopefully soon....) I'll be very happy with my 582's. That's the only issue I've personally had.

And to answer your question - I get better wifi speed with my router in the basement than when it was right beside and hooked up via ethernet. Now I've been choosing lower quality streams and I find buffering isn't an issue as much either. If it is, I just choose another source and it works fine.

thanks for the reply. So you're saying even if the router is in the same room wifi would be crap? I don't have a phone jack to put ethernet where the TV is and will have to pay to get it rewired.

My other option was to get M8 but I heard it's wifi connection is crap too. Looks like I'm going to stick with my ipad for now...

you don't need to rewire it just go and get a power line adaptor...I have one and the router is in the top floor and my tv is on the bottom floor it works perfectly