Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sotos

Upgrading to Kodi 15 on ATV 1900AC

Sorry folks but I am still unclear on this.

What is the best way to upgrade the ATV 1900AC to the newest Kodi version 15.2 is it?

Thanks!

Sorry folks but I am still unclear on this.

What is the best way to upgrade the ATV 1900AC to the newest Kodi version 15.2 is it?

Thanks!

If you took the latest 10/28 Firmware update. If you factory reset the box it will install the version of KODI from the Play Store.

To make sure you get the latest version, just log into the Play Store.

Or you can just install the latest version of KODI manually from the Play Store.

The playstore still doesn't work for me, so I found Kodi in apk form and installed it from a thumb drive, then updated to a custom build, still no Dolby Digital or DTS through the optical with Kodi 5.1, I might try 5.2 next.

The playstore still doesn't work for me, so I found Kodi in apk form and installed it from a thumb drive, then updated to a custom build, still no Dolby Digital or DTS through the optical with Kodi 5.1, I might try 5.2 next.

Which version of FW are you running?

We are on 11/10/2015 now for 1900AC

Optical should work now, as many other users have reported it working on this Forum.

As for the Play Store, I would suggest a Factory reset, this should resolve this issue.

Also if you are running the latest FW, it will install KODI 15.2 if you reset.

Doing a factory reset would mean we would have to reinstall everything again?

Is there a way to export and import the settings after the factory reset?

Doing a factory reset would mean we would have to reinstall everything again?

Is there a way to export and import the settings after the factory reset?

From the Play Store, re-log in (after you factory reset) then go under "My Apps" and install whatever apps that are affiliated with sotos@gmail.com

I already mentioned how to backup in your other post.

Thanks WJW. You;ve been very helpful.

Being excited to upgrade, I forgot to backup and once I uninstalled, I lost all my settings.

I am now on 15 and reinstalled everything in half the time I guess. Things are looking good! Let's see if the problems I've been experiencing have been addressed.