Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimitri1

Help! ATV 586

Having a rough time with my ATV 586 after first setting up. I loaded several apps from Google Play Store and it has never run correctly since then - way too slow to open and operate an app. My download speed was tested at 75 MPS. I triied eliminating a bunch of apps I downloaded - but that did nothing. I triied scanning for tv channels - but nothing really scans - I let iit go for 1 hour and nothing appeared. Firmware or sofftware issue? Help!

Having a rough time with my ATV 586 after first setting up. I loaded several apps from Google Play Store and it has never run correctly since then - way too slow to open and operate an app. My download speed was tested at 75 MPS. I triied eliminating a bunch of apps I downloaded - but that did nothing. I triied scanning for tv channels - but nothing really scans - I let iit go for 1 hour and nothing appeared. Firmware or sofftware issue? Help!

You are using an Outdoor TV Antenna when you try to scan in channels?

Have you tried Factory resetting the box to bring it back to factory settings and starting over?

I'll try re-setting the box, but not sure how to do that? Also - not too concerned about the channels scan as I seem to have that working. All I can say is that this box runs extremely slow....unless there is a way to speed this up it will be Ebayed. The reviews made it sound fast, quick, and responsive - the longer the box stays on, the slower it runs. Do you have a link how to reset w/o losing all of my installed apps?