Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chick

OTA Update Issue

Having trouble with the OTA update. Turned the box on, there was a prompt to reboot for an update. Hit OK then the box booted up and functioned normally. Went in kodi for about an hour, then exited into the launcher. I then got another prompt to install an update, this time the update listed the improvements. Clicked OK and went into the Android screen with the progress bar. It stalled near the end and stayed that way for about 30 minutes. Unplugged to reboot and now it is stuck on the Android Kit Kat logo. I'm guessing now I'll have to manually load the new firmware... Right? Where can I download the new firmware? Thanks!

I am there too!!!!

When I turned it on this evening it said it needed to update. I clicked yes. It seemed to be updating (green robot with a spinning tummy) Then it froze and has been frozen for 30 minutes (still see the green robot but the tummy stopped spinning).

Should I unplug it or will that make things worse?

Not happy!!!!

Well, I unplugged mine and now it will not boot up. We should be able to do a manual firmware install if we can download the new firmware.

Ok, so I was able to perform a reset on my box. Did the following.

1. Grabbed a toothpick

2. flipped the box upside down

3. Removed power

4. Pushed the toothpick in the small hole till you feel a click

5. While holding toothpick, push the power cord in the box

6. hold the toothpick for 12 seconds

I had to try this 3-4 times for anything to happen. I had a USB dongle in and removed it and that seemed to help get it to reset? The green andriod popped up with the spin. Just checked the firmware build and it is version V002M8B01_20151102 which is the latest version. Has Kodi V 15.02 so it looks like all is good!

Will provide additional feedback once I set up the box and use it a bit.

I unplugged mine, and plugged it back in, and it started up normally and seems to work normally.

I think is has the update, the build is ...20151101

Are there any differences I should notice with this update?

(like maybe a way to use the pvr when I get useless EPG data from the local stations? ;-) )

And for future reference, if I ever do need to re-boot manually from a USB stick, where to I get the download for that?

Is there a website for it?

Also, I noticed that there is message posted on the ATV1900 forum telling users that the update was coming.

You should have posted that on the this forum too (ATV586)

And maybe some instructions to make sure the update goes smoothly

And next, it asked to update again (2nd time) I clicked yes, it started to update, it froze, I unplugged it.

Now it will only go to a recovery screen (error message at the bottom: bad bootloader, can't mount sdcard)

I tried the toothpick-in-the-hole trick, still went to recovery screen.

Should I try that a few more times?

The recovery screen does give me the option to boot from "EXT" does that mean a downloaded file on a USB stick?

Where do I get the download to put on the USB stick?

There is also an option for restore factory settings. Would that be better, or do I need the update anyway?

Help please.

I am still stuck at the recovery screen.

I tried the toothpick-in-the-hole trick 5 times (I can feel the button click, I held the button while plugging in the power and held the button for 15 seconds).

I still only get the recovery screen.

I did the factory reset.

Still only recovery screen.

Do I need to boot it or update it from downloaded files on USB or SD card?

Where do I get these files?!?!?!?

Can I use a USB stick or does it need to be an SD card?

Thanks.

I am still stuck at the recovery screen.

I tried the toothpick-in-the-hole trick 5 times (I can feel the button click, I held the button while plugging in the power and held the button for 15 seconds).

I still only get the recovery screen.

I did the factory reset.

Still only recovery screen.

Do I need to boot it or update it from downloaded files on USB or SD card?

Where do I get these files?!?!?!?

Can I use a USB stick or does it need to be an SD card?

Thanks.

Send me email to support@mygica.ca

I will send you download link so you can install the Firmware file manually through recovery screen.

You can use USB or SD card to do this

Me too the same problem. the two updates downloads frozens with robot logo, but i just disconnect from ac/dc adaptor and connect ahain, and the second time, updte succesfully,

I downloaded the recovery file and tried it.

It didn't work.

I got error messages:

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted

The file I downloaded was:

update_MyGica_ATV586-A_20151028.img

I unzipped the file and put the results on the root directory of my USB stick:

boot.img 28/02/2008 9:33 PM

bootloader.img

logo.img

recovery.img

file_contexts

backup File Folder

META-INF File Folder

recovery File Folder

system File Folder

My computer identified the .img files as WinZip, so I tried to unzip them, but they did not unzip, so I assume those 4 .img files are images that are used as is.

I put the USB into the ATV586 at the recovery screen, clicked on update from EXT, udisk, and I tried the recovery, boot and bootloader files. All gave the same error result shown above.

I tired putting in the USB before plugging in the ATV586 - it seemed to get stuck on the Android logo screen and did not get to the recovery screen (I left it for about 10 minutes)

I tried again with the toothpick button pressed. Same result.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

OK, I tried it with the downloaded file, without unzipping it, and it seems to work.

The machine seems to be working now.

I will try it more later.

OK, I tried it with the downloaded file, without unzipping it, and it seems to work.

The machine seems to be working now.

I will try it more later.

Ok please let us know how it goes for you

Thanks

Hi

I've purchased a ATV 586 and It's been a week that I have it and it seems to be working well; but, I noticed that the firmware is still at version V002MB01_20150618. My ATV 586 has not prompted me to update it to the latest version even though the OTA automatic firmware update parameter is enabled.

Is there another parameter that I need to enable to be able to trigger the OTA automatic firmware update?

Is there something wrong with my ATV 586 that is causing the OTA not to work?

Could I use the procedure and file that Justin posted in the Download forum related to the **NEW** ATV 586 11/02/15 ANDROID 4.4.2 ATSC Firmware File** topic to update to version 20151102.

Is version 20151102. the latest version?

Thanks

Erudmuc

Hi

I've purchased a ATV 586 and It's been a week that I have it and it seems to be working well; but, I noticed that the firmware is still at version V002MB01_20150618. My ATV 586 has not prompted me to update it to the latest version even though the OTA automatic firmware update parameter is enabled.

Is there another parameter that I need to enable to be able to trigger the OTA automatic firmware update?

Is there something wrong with my ATV 586 that is causing the OTA not to work?

Could I use the procedure and file that Justin posted in the Download forum related to the **NEW** ATV 586 11/02/15 ANDROID 4.4.2 ATSC Firmware File** topic to update to version 20151102.

Is version 20151102. the latest version?

Thanks

Erudmuc

Go to the upgrade app, and turn off Automatic and search for it manually to do the OTA Update.

Or you can download and install the 20151102 File manually, it is the latest version for the 586.

Either of these options should upgrade you.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info I was able to successfully update my firmware to version 20151102 downloading the file and installing it manually.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the info I was able to successfully update my firmware to version 20151102 downloading the file and installing it manually.

Ok good to hear

There is a small OTA update right now for 586, will bring you to version 11-11-15 as well