Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mokrofuz

Chromecast screen cast issue

Hello Guys, I was not able to cast the screen from my ATV 380 to Chromecast. It looks like Chromecast app on MyGica is trying to establish a session, but seconds after I get "disconnecting" message. I spoke with Chromecast support and they told me My Gica is not yet certified for Chromecast. Do you guys plan to do something about this? Thank you.

Hello Guys, I was not able to cast the screen from my ATV 380 to Chromecast. It looks like Chromecast app on MyGica is trying to establish a session, but seconds after I get "disconnecting" message. I spoke with Chromecast support and they told me My Gica is not yet certified for Chromecast. Do you guys plan to do something about this? Thank you.

Which Android device are you trying to cast?

Is it a Samsung?

Might it be possible for the 380 and/or the 582 with the pending OS update to Lollipop 5.x? I have read that this is an integrated feature of the new OS.

Thanks Justin for the awesome work supporting us!

Might it be possible for the 380 and/or the 582 with the pending OS update to Lollipop 5.x? I have read that this is an integrated feature of the new OS.

Yes chromecast is built into 5.0/5.1, but I have only used it to receive casting not send it to a Chromecast device.

Looking forward to testing this to mirror the 582 to a chromecast stick. Is the OS update still ontrack for this week?

Delayed till about Nov 23rd since we had to add a Wifi Disconnect fix to it.

And it will be on Android 4.4.2

Yes chromecast is built into 5.0/5.1, but I have only used it to receive casting not send it to a Chromecast device.

Could you try it for us? ;)

Could you try it for us? ;)

I will have to dig up my Chromecast to try it

It is at home in a box.

Will look for it tomorrow.