Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JbMac

Help, my atv 1800 e won't boot to recovery after update

Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help me. I have had the atv 1800e for about a year with no issues. I have kept it up to date and the installs went pretty much the way I expected them to up until now. Last night I decided to check the update app to see if there was anything new and I was surprised to see one there. The last one I have is what is listed on this forum. It asked if I wanted to install it so I clicked ok. It then said that I didn't have enough memory for the install (although I had 10 gigs of memory left). Then I noticed that you can change the download path for the update to the external sd card so I selected that option. After that I went back and hit ok and the file downloaded and I clicked to install. Everything was going fine until the install hit about 80% and it froze up. I had this happen previously and all I had to do was unplug it and plug it back in to continue with the install. I tried that again and now it does not load anything at all. It goes between no signal and a black screen. I tried to get into recovery to try and factory reset but the reset button does nothing. I unplugged the box and held the reset button down while I plugged it back in and left it pressed for about 20 seconds but nothing happens. Tried a few times. Now I have no idea what to try from here. Hoping someone has seen this and knows of a fix. After all of the manual updates I have applied on this and other boxes I can't believe this happened from a simple OTA install.

Solved. The instructions below from another post worked perfectly.

Re: solid red light????

Postby Justin ยป Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:33 am

We have bootcard method that should fix this

MyGica_S802_4.4_20150321 boot card download address: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bntW8c3 Upgrade for MyGica_S802_4.4_20150321 by boot card.rar

We use this here in the office and get very good results with it. I suggest opening that link with Google Chrome, so you can easily translate it to English.