Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYCBAR

Lose of sound and blank MyGica

I purchased my MyGica 1800e (2015) last April and it appears to be having issues with the volume playback after the box cannot load video from a source. If and or when it does not complete the loading or buffering of a movie or television show, it allows me to go back to the menus but without sound at any level anywhere. When I try to turn the box off, the MyGica operating system screen goes blank/black and non-responsive and it must be unplugged and restarted as the only way out. Everything works upon reboot until the above situation happens again and it seems to happen while using Genesis.

I am a new user who is now having his first issue. I am using KODI 15.2 on this box and I have swapped out the HDMI cable and am looking for suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience…

Just an update on the condition of my MyGica ATV 1800e.

After a few hours of reading this forum and find information online, I decided to attempt to repair the box with what I had found out. My attempted repair has apparently worked (so far) and below is basically what I learned and did.

First I found a way to backup Kodi as this was the only thing I thought that was not as issue as it was the MyGica that went blank and non-responsive and not Kodi.

1. Back up KODI with USB-SDCard Wizard (full backup)

2. Copy BU file off of the MyGica

3. Use the recovery settings within MyGica to return to the factory reset

4. Reboot MyGica after reset

5. Reinstall KODI

6. Reinstall USB-SDCard Wizard (this took a few tries)

7. Return backup file to the external storage on the MyGica

8. Run USB-SDCard Wizard RESTORE

9. 48 hours has passed and the box appears to be working fine.