Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mutzi

Set recording time

Hi,

I have a question about manually adjusting recording times.

More often then not channels in Israel accumulate small delays during the day, so the actual time that a show begins (and ends) might be 10 minutes after what it was supposed to (as stated in the EPG). As a result, scheduling the recording of a show based on the EPG might miss its last 10 minutes.

Is there a way to add an extra 10 minutes to the recording time?

Best,

Moshe.

Good question Moshe.

I have a related question.

How do I set a recording program when there is no EPG data, or incorrect EPG data, for that channel?

Most of the channels I get (from Canada and U.S.) have either no EPG data, or incorrect EPG data.

The people at support@mygica.ca said I should be able to do it from the "PVR Manager" screen, but I can't find any way to do it.

What button do I press?

What do I click on?

If I get bad EPG data for most of my channels, I guess that many other people will have this problem too.

It is not MyGica's fault that these channels don't send data, but it makes the MyGica PVR features very difficult to use.

MyGica needs to have a manual program entry option.

(Also changing the program name, so it is not just a string of numbers would be good too.)

Thanks,

MAM

And by "manual program entry" I mean entering the date, time and channel for recording, instead of clicking on the EPG data.

Or can I click on the empty spaces in the EPG screen to choose a time?

Is there a 3rd party app or download that will operate the PVR recording?

MAM

I am having the DTV Player User Interface re-designed for ATSC and DVB-T/T2, this includes PVR features. As this is something I have not liked since the beginning.

Will be much better looking menus, EPG layout, PVR Functions etc.

This takes time though, I will have drawings of this UI next week or the week after. I will post them up to get everyone's opinion

Better recording time feature is something I will have added.

If there is anything else you guys want to suggest and I will take it into consideration.

Good stuff Justin.

A horizontal guide with channel icons and the ability to schedule a recording directly from the guide would be great.

Looking forward to the updates...

Good stuff Justin.

A horizontal guide with channel icons and the ability to schedule a recording directly from the guide would be great.

Looking forward to the updates...

Channel Icons we are doing right now.

Will just take some time because we have to match each Channel name with the icon.

And when preety much all OTA channels have call signs since they are the local network but are CBC or ABC etc, stuff like this takes time. Since you have one network that has over 20+ different call signs.

We are starting with Canada first since there are not as many channels here. Then will do USA afterwards.

The horizontal guide is something I have always wanted to do, and thanks for the recording from the guide feature.

Justin,

Thanks for the information about the future update.

My requests:

1. A way to enter or modify a recording program when the EPG data is wrong or missing.

2. A way to modify the name of recording program or recorded file

3, It should wake up from standby to start a recording program

MAM

The 586 electronic program guide USA is unable to correctly identify programs and start times rendering the recording features of the ATV 586 useless.

We need to be able to schedule recordings with only channel number and time at the very least. Have you considered linking to "Schedules Direct" for Program data? The cost of the service is very modest and the schedules are extremely accurate. Most urgent that you attempt to correct this.

Thank you for your consideration. Otherwise I am very pleased with the product.

Steve

The 586 electronic program guide USA is unable to correctly identify programs and start times rendering the recording features of the ATV 586 useless.

We need to be able to schedule recordings with only channel number and time at the very least. Have you considered linking to "Schedules Direct" for Program data? The cost of the service is very modest and the schedules are extremely accurate. Most urgent that you attempt to correct this.

Thank you for your consideration. Otherwise I am very pleased with the product.

Steve

I have already made the suggestion to give Channel number and time scheduled recordings for PVR.

Here is Interface drawing that was given to me for the change of the EPG

We will also have the ability to switch between Multi Channel and Single Channel EPG

Personally this is an improvement, but I find the channel list is taking up to much space.

Also needs to add scheduled recording ability in the EPG.

I already told them I am looking for something more like the pics that follow this post.

5817fd28efaf9_horizontalEPG.jpg.f1cb6f1f69ad7ccdb933b0d8f38de46e.jpg

Thanks, Justin. I also agree that the channel listing takes up too much space. I think the 2nd example you sent them is a bit nicer and a big improvement!

The ATV586 won't let me record 2 shows in a row (e.g. 8:00-8:30 and then 8:30-9:00)

It should be able to do this.

Maybe it would lose a short amount of time while it stops the first recording, changes channel and starts the second recording, but it should be able to do it.

Whether recording programs are entered by clicking on the EPG or by manually entering the channel and time, it will need to resolve conflicts where programs overlap. My old Pioneer PVR resolves conflicts by letting the first program continue to its end, and then starting the second program, even if that means missing some of the second show. That is as good a rule as any.

Make it happen.

MAM

Another suggestion for improvement:

For recording programs, the ATV586 gives the options for recording once, daily or weekly.

It would be nice to also have options like Monday-Friday (weekdays only) and maybe Saturday-Sunday (weekends only) or Monday-Thursday.

Many shows are on Monday to Friday, such as news shows and talk shows.