Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

ATV 1800/582/380 11/19/15 4.4.2 Firmware File - Review

Well I installed the latest firmware on my ATV1800e yesterday and then did a factory reset which brought me to the latest version of Kodi. Everything went well and not seeing any new issues, so looks like a keeper. :D

However, I still had issues connecting to WiFi for the first time after the reset, seemed to get stuck searching and never returned a list of access points. Connected to ethernet and then later went back to connect to WiFi and it worked fine then.

Tested the WiFi data speeds and they seem to have improved a bit.

2.4 GHz = 11 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload

5 GHz = 23 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload

Ethernet was running full speed for my connection which is about 100 Mbps down, can't remember the upload, but likely it is also 11Mbps as I think that is where it tops out.

FBN

Good to hear that!

Justin, when is the OTA scheduled?

It should have started already.

Will have to follow up to see why it hasn't yet.

If you can't wait, you can install it manually for now.

Where is the software for the 1800E that you are talking about. I only find 1800 and also OTA doesn't seem to find any update for me on my box. My 1800E has the build number V002M801_20150721.

Thanks for the help.

Never mind, I just downloaded the software for 1800/582/380 and installed it by manually download it on a SD card and then loading it manually on my Mygica 1800E and it's working great without any trouble. I just had to download Kodi 15.2 to install cause it doesn't come with the firmware which I didn't like but I could live with that. I did factory reset my box before updating. Cheers

Hi Justin - I would like to upgrade my ATV1800e to the most recent firmware.

Currently, I have build number V001M801_20140801.

Do I need to do each firmware upgrade until I get to the recent November release? And if so, can you list the firmware filenames I need to find and load? Or can I go from my old version to the recent release directly?

Sorry I am new to this process and I want to ensure I don't brick my device.

Thanks