Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adyg

Cannot mount external drive

I have purchased yesterday a MyGica 1900ac box and i noticed that the box is apparently not mounting my micro SD card (32Gb - ExFAT) or USB (64Gb - ExFAT) memory stick. These external storage devices are not visible in File Manager or in Kodi (15.1). Any idea what might be the problem?

Thank you.

I have purchased yesterday a MyGica 1900ac box and i noticed that the box is apparently not mounting my micro SD card (32Gb - ExFAT) or USB (64Gb - ExFAT) memory stick. These external storage devices are not visible in File Manager or in Kodi (15.1). Any idea what might be the problem?

Thank you.

It was a known issue....update to the latest firmware should fix the problem.

Thank you.

sorry, I'm new to this so i need a little help. I've downloaded the firmware (2015/10/28) and instructions state that:

To do a manual update:

1. Copy the update file (the .img file in this zip file) to a TF card or USB device root directory.

2. Goto Settings and choose Software update.

3. Select local update.

4. Select the update file from the list and press OK button to start update the system.

If i cannot mount the USB drive, how can i upgrade the firmware?

Thank you.

sorry, I'm new to this so i need a little help. I've downloaded the firmware (2015/10/28) and instructions state that:

To do a manual update:

1. Copy the update file (the .img file in this zip file) to a TF card or USB device root directory.

2. Goto Settings and choose Software update.

3. Select local update.

4. Select the update file from the list and press OK button to start update the system.

If i cannot mount the USB drive, how can i upgrade the firmware?

If you go to the Upgrade app, and check for manual update.

It will download and install this update straight to the box without having to use a USB or SD card.

does this mean even in recovery mode it won't see the sd card if you didn't update the firmware?

Recovery mode will detect firmware right away on USB or SD card

It will download and install this update straight to the box without having to use a USB or SD card.

I tried the Upgrade app but it tells me "Did not find the new version". Does this mean the latest firmware is installed and how can i see the firmware version that is installed? What should i do next about this problem?

Thanks for your help.

I tried the Upgrade app but it tells me "Did not find the new version". Does this mean the latest firmware is installed and how can i see the firmware version that is installed? What should i do next about this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Is your USB or SD card formatted to FAT 32?

Recovery mode should always detect all Firmware files on that card, even if you had 10 different firmwares on it, all 10 of them will appear.

After further testing I realized that the box is capable of mounting FAT and NTFS formatted SD cards and USB drives but does not work with ExFAT. I did not try FAT32.

After further testing I realized that the box is capable of mounting FAT and NTFS formatted SD cards and USB drives but does not work with ExFAT. I did not try FAT32.

I can confirm FAT32 does work.

Will have to see about getting ExFat working.

I can confirm this finding. ExFAT does not work, I had to switch my drive to NTFS.

This box has issues. When are the fixes coming?

Besides Exfat, which fixes were you looking for?

Audio issues:

HDMI audio pass-through does not work at all in Kodi

Dolby and DTS down-mixing not supported in 4K MoviePlayer and other players (except in Kodi, where it’s handled by software).

Audio issues:

HDMI audio pass-through does not work at all in Kodi

Dolby and DTS down-mixing not supported in 4K MoviePlayer and other players (except in Kodi, where it’s handled by software).

Ok all things noted and I am pushing to get both EXfat and Dolby/DTS through HDMI fixed ASAP

Hi

Is there a fix for this yet?

I had the atx582 and exfat worked perfectly. I bought an atx1900 and now Can't use my external. I own a Mac and want to transfer files between devices (mac & pc & mygica) seamlessly. I could do that until buying the top Mygica TV box. Makes no sense.

Hoping there is a fix available now.

Much appreciated

Tony