Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpmccarthy

November OTA

Hey Guys,

I know some people force fed the OTA file with what Justin Provided (THANKS!) - I downloaded but haven't upgraded yet - but keep checking the OTA as well but nothing there.

Has anyone received the OTA through the upgrade path and not via downloading the provided file?

I'm on the the 'next to latest' firmware - the September update.

I have downloaded and installed it manually. You will not lose your settings doing it through the ui. It feels alot more stable and responsive. Haven't had any issue so far. I assume that you are taking about the 4.4.2 release?

Take my word for it, u don't want it, far from ready, normal remote doesn't even work

Sooooo... Someone asks about the 1119 November OTA and you say the the beta Android 5.0.2 Lollipop needs work? :D

Take my word for it, u don't want it, far from ready, normal remote doesn't even work

Sooooo... Someone asks about the 1119 November OTA and you say the the beta Android 5.0.2 Lollipop needs work? :D

WJW, it does explain much. BTW, you also don't want to go to Syria for a holiday this year as the OTA or Lollipop upgrade didn't fix that problem either! 8-);)

WJW, it does explain much. BTW, you also don't want to go to Syria for a holiday this year as the OTA or Lollipop upgrade didn't fix that problem either! 8-);)

Wait - Syria isn't a holiday destination? :?

But yes, I was asking about the OTA which the Lollipop version is NOT. I've upgraded along the way, just wanted to see if anyone got the OTA (I believe I got the last one (Sept) and didn't force it through recovery.

I'll either get the OTA for flash the image - just have to carve off some time in case something goes amiss.

Thanks guys.

PS. I was contemplating using the lollipop version until Justin commented that slowness is to be expected as it hasn't been optimized for the 582 yet. As this device is primary vehicle for TV, rely on it too heavily to be on the bleeding edge :)

I'll either get the OTA for flash the image - just have to carve off some time in case something goes amiss.

I have a 380 (actually right now I have three 380s) and just updated two of them.

I do them old school. Factory Restore screen, Factory Reset and Clear Cache, let everything reinstall from scratch, turn off, unplug, insert SD card, press front power button while plugging in (380), Install from EXT etc...

I've had issues upgrading and ending up with things like doubles of Mygica Store and Netflix. I find that dumbing it down to factory (and therefore restoring lots of room) helps.

The current 1800/582/380 OTA update is for 4.4.2

You can take the OTA update or download and install it manually from here

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=3652

The changelog will be listed on your TV screen for OTA, or I listed it in the manual update as well

I got the OTA -- but my ethernet is still capped -- did this address ethernet or just wifi?

This addressed Wifi disconnect issue

Ethernet you say is capped? You mean speed?

I have tested Ethernet speed on over 10 different routers is 4 different locations, using Fiber and Cable internet, and get the same speeds on 1800, 582, 1900 and 585 as I would on a PC.

I applied the OTA from the download link on 4 boxes. One stopped at about 90% when the android logo was on screen. After waiting a bit, I pulled the plug and plugged it in. It continued normally after that. Another one had an update from May and still had 14.2, so after the update the 15.2 didn't automatically take. It was a new box, so I just did a factory reset after the update and got all the new versions of the apps including kodi 15.2

Overall, not much change and relatively simple upgrade. No ill effect noticed so far.

This update does not install 15.2 right away.

Since we want to avoid over writing KODI add ons etc, we now include the new version of KODI but it does not install unless you factory reset.

I got the OTA -- but my ethernet is still capped -- did this address ethernet or just wifi?

I have tested Ethernet speed on over 10 different routers is 4 different locations, using Fiber and Cable internet, and get the same speeds on 1800, 582, 1900 and 585 as I would on a PC.

It may be a device specific issue -- i have three 380s.. 2 of them i am getting 90 mbps on speedtest.net (although i have a 250 mbps internet connection) but one i am only getting 7 mbps and it is straight 7 wired or wireless , although upstream is 20 mbps-- never more (this is better than the 1.5 mbps i was getting -- at least i can use the device now.

It may be a device specific issue -- i have three 380s.. 2 of them i am getting 90 mbps on speedtest.net (although i have a 250 mbps internet connection) but one i am only getting 7 mbps and it is straight 7 wired or wireless , although upstream is 20 mbps-- never more (this is better than the 1.5 mbps i was getting -- at least i can use the device now.

90MBs sounds about right, since the ATV 380 only has a 10/100 Ethernet port.

Why does OTA update keeps pooping up? I have latest update installed manually?

There was another one that followed that had a small change and therefore they changed the Firmware version date compared to the manual one I posted.

You can take it, it should update you to Dec-2-2015 as your firmware version date.