Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueComet

Internet Speed and Black Screen Issues

Hello,

I purchased a MyGica ATV 582 Android TV Box back in September of 2014 and I've been having problems with it for a while. It seems like the internet speed over the wifi may be the issue. I cannot get videos to work in anything (Kodi, Youtube, Twitch, etc.) When I first got it it worked perfect; I didn't have any issues. I don't know exactly when the problems struck as this is a secondary TV box that I use less frequently, but at some point this year nothing would work for me anymore. I tried to factory reset it back to when it did work but this does not work either. I tried three different ways to do this, through the Android settings reset, using the QuickBoot app factory reset, and holding the factory reset button on the bottom while plugging it in and all that will ever happen is it goes to a black screen and nothing will happen even after a long period of time. Unplugging it and plugging it back in will get it to load back to the main screen. I've tried manually updating the firmware from a microSD card and it will also only go to a black screen. I've tried updating to the 11/05/14, 03/31/15, and 11/19/15 firmware versions with no success. When I set the box to update automatically there is a prompt for an update but again it will only go to the black screen. I really don't know what's going on or what to try anymore. Do you have any solutions to this problem?

If it helps this is what my box currently says:

Android version: 4.4.2

Uboot version: 353c669(20140521.163417)

Kernel version: 3.10.33 - jp@ubt124 d375761-d3a4d395(20140721.170108)

Build number: V001M801_20140801

Thank you.

From Justin in one of the multiple Firmware threads.

" have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom."

I put the files from the "factory quad core 1800 582.rar" file from the provided link on the microSD card and was finally able to update the firmware to the 20151201 version. However, The internet speed is still slow to the point nothing will work.

I've seen in this thread "http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2345&start=70" that there is mention of an OTA update that is suppose to fix the wifi speed issue. I'm updated to firmware version 20151201. I'm not sure if there is suppose to be an update more recent than this. I tried setting the box to automatic update and also tried a manual update but nothing will happen and it fails to connect. The wifi speed is really bad to the point even a web page won't load. Should I be trying something additional from a microSD card? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've seen in this thread "http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2345&start=70" that there is mention of an OTA update that is suppose to fix the wifi speed issue. I'm updated to firmware version 20151201. I'm not sure if there is suppose to be an update more recent than this. I tried setting the box to automatic update and also tried a manual update but nothing will happen and it fails to connect. The wifi speed is really bad to the point even a web page won't load. Should I be trying something additional from a microSD card? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You have the latest update

It only fixed the Wifi disconnect issue.

Hola justin, hice el restore de fabrica y sigo con el problema del wifi. Apago el smart box atv582 desde el control remoto y al encenderlo el icono de wifi en la parte inferior izquierda en el menú de inicio, muestra el signo "?". Tengo el firmware del 20151201. El equipo tiene 3 días, debo recurrir a la garantía?

With wifi speeds not working with the 20151201 firmware I tried a factory reset hoping it would take me back to the version where it did work. The reset just reloaded the 20151201 version and just as before nothing works over the wifi. I would like to know if there is a way to move back to older firmware versions. Is there a version that works well with wifi speeds?