Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prelude76

Bugs to be fixed on 1900ac (v5.0.2)

Hi guys,

I'm a long time MyGica user. Each year I upgrade and pass down the old models to my different TVs, phased out all my old WD TV and Patriot boxes.

Currently am running a 1900ac on 5.0.2 firmware, a 380 on 5.0.2 as well, and on old 520 on kitkat (i think)

Just noticed a few bugs in 1900ac 5.0.2, which I'd like to point out:

- often when watching netflix or Plex, after about 15-20 minutes, the screen saver (time) kicks in. I love the screen saver option as most of my family tends to leave tvs running so to get a black screen saver with time only is nice, but not when i have to move my air mouse each time i'm in a movie or show. if there a way to customize this time-out?

- Whats with the silly chinese symbol app that asks for updates and cant be uninstalled or hidden?? please clean that up

- on the 380, use of an air mouse seems buggy on the 5.0.2 firmware. had to go back to using a wireless mouse. both the new tiny remote that ships with 1900ac and the KV400 remote dont detect on my 380 box. yet the air mouse of the 1900ac works fine on my old 520 box.

- on the 380, do not ever try to fine-tune sleep mode settings. can't undo the changes and i had to re-do the firmware to get it back to normal. it started completely shutting down the unit after 20 minutes, and mouse wouldnt wake it up.

Overall though, love the lollipop firmware for both the 380 and 1900, and cant wait for the 5.2 update. Whens approximate OTA schedule for it?

Here is one more for the list...this one is real interesting...

After upgrading from my 1800e my 1900ac... Two apple devices connected to the same network began to Crash the youtube app.

Any time the MyGica 1900ac is connected to the network, I cannot launch the Youtube app from iPhone 6, or iPhone 5s also connected.

I've troubleshooted to get to the source of the problem, as the internet was not inflames over this youtube issue, so I knew it was something related to my setups.

Inside 1900ac when I force stop the system app "google cast receiver", I am able to launch the youtube apps on my IOS devices again, and it will not crash.

Hi guys,

I'm a long time MyGica user. Each year I upgrade and pass down the old models to my different TVs, phased out all my old WD TV and Patriot boxes.

Currently am running a 1900ac on 5.0.2 firmware, a 380 on 5.0.2 as well, and on old 520 on kitkat (i think)

Just noticed a few bugs in 1900ac 5.0.2, which I'd like to point out:

- often when watching netflix or Plex, after about 15-20 minutes, the screen saver (time) kicks in. I love the screen saver option as most of my family tends to leave tvs running so to get a black screen saver with time only is nice, but not when i have to move my air mouse each time i'm in a movie or show. if there a way to customize this time-out?

- Whats with the silly chinese symbol app that asks for updates and cant be uninstalled or hidden?? please clean that up

- on the 380, use of an air mouse seems buggy on the 5.0.2 firmware. had to go back to using a wireless mouse. both the new tiny remote that ships with 1900ac and the KV400 remote dont detect on my 380 box. yet the air mouse of the 1900ac works fine on my old 520 box.

- on the 380, do not ever try to fine-tune sleep mode settings. can't undo the changes and i had to re-do the firmware to get it back to normal. it started completely shutting down the unit after 20 minutes, and mouse wouldnt wake it up.

Overall though, love the lollipop firmware for both the 380 and 1900, and cant wait for the 5.2 update. Whens approximate OTA schedule for it?

1. You can now set the day dream setting to Sleep: Never. Or to 1 Hour + to avoid this from happening again. We changed this in recent firmware update.

2. Chinese app will be removed on next firmware update.

3. Lollipop firmware for 380 is still beta so might explain why Airmous is buggy.

4. Similar issues with had with 1900 early on, fixed afterwards.

5. We are displaying 5.1 at CES in 3 weeks. As for a release date, I do not have one right now.

Here is one more for the list...this one is real interesting...

After upgrading from my 1800e my 1900ac... Two apple devices connected to the same network began to Crash the youtube app.

Any time the MyGica 1900ac is connected to the network, I cannot launch the Youtube app from iPhone 6, or iPhone 5s also connected.

I've troubleshooted to get to the source of the problem, as the internet was not inflames over this youtube issue, so I knew it was something related to my setups.

Inside 1900ac when I force stop the system app "google cast receiver", I am able to launch the youtube apps on my IOS devices again, and it will not crash.

You running IOS 9 on both phones?

Need to know so I can try same thing here.

yes... latest and second latest IOS updates on both phone were experiencing the same issue on my WI-FI.

1900AC was connected to the same router, but hardwired as opposed to all over wi-fi

Having major Wifi issues on the 380 (5.0.2) as well.

Speeds are so slow I cant get anything to stream, and even Google Play store takes foreever to load.

Its not the wifi strength. My laptop, cell, and old WD TV Live work fine in that part of my house on the same wifi signal.

Will try rolling back to latest kitkat firmware on the 380, until lollipop is stable.

Thanks for the updates, Justin.

yes... latest and second latest IOS updates on both phone were experiencing the same issue on my WI-FI.

1900AC was connected to the same router, but hardwired as opposed to all over wi-fi

I answered this in your other thread you posted it in,

Sorry in future just try to stick to one thread for the same issue

Thanks

Having major Wifi issues on the 380 (5.0.2) as well.

Speeds are so slow I cant get anything to stream, and even Google Play store takes foreever to load.

Its not the wifi strength. My laptop, cell, and old WD TV Live work fine in that part of my house on the same wifi signal.

Will try rolling back to latest kitkat firmware on the 380, until lollipop is stable.

Thanks for the updates, Justin.

I sent more Log tests from our side and 3 other peoples computers on our units and 3 other brands units to show the difference in Speeds.

As this is what was asked of me recently.

So now a new driver has to be created after what they saw.

Will report back once I know more

1900 so far does not have these issues, just seeing them on 1800/582/380/585/586

Seems its an issue with the Broadcom Wifi Driver which all those models use.

The 1900 we use Realtek since they had one of the best AC Wifi Modules.

Whats the last firmware on the older models that has good wifi strength? My 380 is unusable at this moment, dont have time to wait for firmware fix, would prefer rolling back.