Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 Choppy video on MX player

When using MX player with hardware decoding there seems to be a problem playing HD content. Is this normal behavior? Software rendering plays better but this defeats the object. Hardware rendering is choppy and sound drops out and out of synch,

Is there a fix for this as the 4K player sometimes is unresponsive and doesn't support some of the audio streams on my MKV containers while waiting videos :shock:

Thanks in advance

When using MX player with hardware decoding there seems to be a problem playing HD content. Is this normal behavior? Software rendering plays better but this defeats the object. Hardware rendering is choppy and sound drops out and out of synch,

Is there a fix for this as the 4K player sometimes is unresponsive and doesn't support some of the audio streams on my MKV containers while waiting videos :shock:

Thanks in advance

Which video format are you trying, so I can try this here myself

MKV files are problematic as the audio streams doesn't always work on the 4K media player. Not sure if it's DTS encoded files that is causing this behavior. On MX player since the kernal patch it seems that MKV also stutters on my player. I don't know if this is due to the fact that 2 CPU core are idle at some stages of operation. If I play a 25 gig bluray ISO on XBMC the experience is almost flawless apart from some popping noises via HDMI from time to time. All video containers work well on XBMC but the MX stock and 4K video players are giving me grief. I'll test more containers AVI, MP4 and more and relay some additional results here.

MKV files are problematic as the audio streams doesn't always work on the 4K media player. Not sure if it's DTS encoded files that is causing this behavior. On MX player since the kernal patch it seems that MKV also stutters on my player. I don't know if this is due to the fact that 2 CPU core are idle at some stages of operation. If I play a 25 gig bluray ISO on XBMC the experience is almost flawless apart from some popping noises via HDMI from time to time. All video containers work well on XBMC but the MX stock and 4K video players are giving me grief. I'll test more containers AVI, MP4 and more and relay some additional results here.

Ok i will give some MKV's a try.

We use 4K HD MP4 video files here in our office on the 582 that we have on display, and we change around the video player between MX player, the 4K stock player and XBMC, and we don't see any issues among the 3 video players.

The DTS encoded files may be giving you problems on MX and 4K players, since the 1800 does not support DTS through HDMI, however it should not give you any issues in XBMC, since XBMC can software decode this audio.

4K video player seems to work MP4 files with AAC so far. MKV files with AC3 audio also a problem playing back on 4K player. AVI files with AC3 audio plays no sound. MKV files with AAC works fine.

Could you please ask the developers to add more codec support if possible?

4K video player seems to work MP4 files with AAC so far. MKV files with AC3 audio also a problem playing back on 4K player. AVI files with AC3 audio plays no sound. MKV files with AAC works fine.

Could you please ask the developers to add more codec support if possible?

AC3 audio files I would suggest playing through XBMC.

AC3 audio files through the stock player and MX player, may have a hard time playing since your probably using HDMI, and the chipset in your 1800 cannot hardware decode this codec, however XBMC should be able to play these codecs, since they can software decode AC3.

I will revert back to the last firmware update and test without the kernel update. I'm sure playback was better prior to the kernel update on my ATV1800 on some of the codecs and containers. I will relay the results to you, but I really really don't want to re encode my whole media library.

Thanks

I will revert back to the last firmware update and test without the kernel update. I'm sure playback was better prior to the kernel update on my ATV1800 on some of the codecs and containers. I will relay the results to you, but I really really don't want to re encode my whole media library.

Thanks

Ok let me know how it goes

Okay confirmed it's not the kernel update that caused this. Oh well I tried :-)

Ok

I will suggest to have the include more support for more codecs, but generally XBMC can be used to play almost any Codec.

I installed the custom DTS codec for MX player and all of my videos play good in MX player with hardware decoding enabled.

You might wanna include it in future firmware updates, but that's up to your discretion :-)

I installed the custom DTS codec for MX player and all of my videos play good in MX player with hardware decoding enabled.

You might wanna include it in future firmware updates, but that's up to your discretion :-)

Can you post this so I can have it included?

For DTS Codecs, they suggested to me to use XBMC for this or to install the codec pack you posted for MX Player.

The shipment of ATV 1800E's that we will be bringing in will support DD through HDMI in any Video Player preety much, since it will support it through the Hardwares chipset.

I thought the Dolby Digital Plus would have been implemented on the ATV1800's from the start?

Not sure what other agents of Mygica around the world have brought in, but we haven't brought in any 1800E's yet, since we wanted to make sure the version we brought in supported DD

There are 2 versions of the 1800 which is the 1800 and the 1800E, we will be bringing in the 1800E

So it's much like back in the day when the M3's had the same hardware but the firmware differed from Geniatech, Jynxbox, Pivos and others alike? It's just licensing and no "hardware decoded" audio as everyone puts it. Kinda confusing to the end user I think but it is what it is. :D I'll say it again, it's an awesome product and it doesn't suffer from as much issues as some of the other M8 boxes I have read about.

So it's much like back in the day when the M3's had the same hardware but the firmware differed from Geniatech, Jynxbox, Pivos and others alike? It's just licensing and no "hardware decoded" audio as everyone puts it. Kinda confusing to the end user I think but it is what it is. :D I'll say it again, it's an awesome product and it doesn't suffer from as much issues as some of the other M8 boxes I have read about.

Geniatech manufacturers for a lot of different brands out on the market, including Jynxbox and Pivos. Mygica is Geniatechs own brand. However the firmware may be different among all brands, since some choose to use there own developers.

As stated before, we do not have the license for DTS, so therefore we cannot offer the DTS and DD S802 chipset, we can only offer the DD chipset.