Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravendagrey

Mygica ATV1950 AC

Any update on this box? ETA? Price? Specs?

The Specs are in our catalog for CES 2016

I have posted the catalog here

ETA Is supposed to be Feb or March 2016

I do not know the price right now

Also the specs might change for ATSC version, as we plan to put 3GB Ram instead of 2GB.

MyGica_Catalogue_2015_V3.zip

Any update on this box? ETA? Price? Specs?

We also plan to have a new RF USB Remote called KR303 included with the box.

Which will be Air Mouse + Mic + Keyboard

And all of the keys will be Backlit as well.

64bit ARM + 2.5" HD slot looks promising.

Does it comes with USB 3.0?

For some reason AMlogic did not put support of USB 3.0 on S905

Which is a real downer if you ask me

I made the suggestion of USB 3.0 over 6 months ago

But I guess they did not take my suggestion.

You also mentioned in another post that you were also thinking of including 32GB storage instead of 16GB, is that still possible?

Still weighing in on the costs of this

Because adding both 3GB ram and 32GB Storage, jumps the price up quite a bit.

I am a first time MyGica purchaser with the 1900AC. I am so shocked to even see talk of a 1950AC version with the 1900 totally not up to date with acceptable firmware updates. I am totally shaking my head here.

You have a device where when I goto put it in standby mode it just reboots? the WiFi on my unit I can't even get it to turn on???????

Everytime I pick "ON" for Wifi and backout, it reverts back to "OFF"?

I am just at a loss for words to be honest.

Now the unit is freezing very often whereby I have to take the power plug out and put back in to get it to work again.

Is this considered acceptable to move forward with a 1950 version?

its going to be a totally new box and will share almost nothing in common with the 1900 which is why i plan to dump my 1900 as soon as it comes out, It really should be called the 2100 instead of 1950 or something like that. They are aware of your issues as we all have them as well. They are working on them and the next patch will address the wifi issues and (crossing fingers) the standby issue. i have a video posted in another thread showing that you can put it in standby, but its a bit of a fight. I used to own the 582 and it was a solid box as is the 1800. This box has just fallen victim to the fix one issue and it breaks two others. With that said I do have faith that this box wil be fixed as Justin is the most active rep I have ever seen on any forum and he is constantly relaying our issues to the dev team.

maybe as a courtesy MyGica could replace the 1900 with the 1950 ( if that works) for all the aggravation that has occurred since purchasing MyGica products

... Just sayin" Kind regards Guy :D

I am a first time MyGica purchaser with the 1900AC. I am so shocked to even see talk of a 1950AC version with the 1900 totally not up to date with acceptable firmware updates. I am totally shaking my head here.

You have a device where when I goto put it in standby mode it just reboots? the WiFi on my unit I can't even get it to turn on???????

Now the unit is freezing very often whereby I have to take the power plug out and put back in to get it to work again.

I sent you a PM

Please read and respond

Thanks

I agree... I got my 1900 for Christmas and got it early... It seems nowadays products are pushed out the door and the fix is to push out a new model and the problem model thrown to the side and their customers will be either buy the newer one or slowly disappear.

Sorry I would never have boight this box if I had known what I was getting into again (Shield Tablet scenario).

A compound reply to the items in this thread and the "Laundry List of 1900ac bugs ... "

- these items will never be fixed. Past history shows a lot of customer finger-crossing in hoping that the next fix actually resolves issues. The last fix which was supposed to resolve network stability issues was bogus. The network connection on my box (when it decides to,) works for about 20 mins then decides to snooze.

- core functionality - does not work out of the box - I would bet most users on this forum can perform a manual factory reset within days of ownership

- peripheral functionality working - a dream

- support - questions regarding Justin's ability to deliver - he's trying, but fighting a losing battle to keep this fiasco of a product alive

- if anyone thinks support on this forum is substandard, try the support chat site for a 'good' laugh (sorry, sarcasm). My chat support person left in the middle of our session and never came back! I may have invented soliloquy chat..

- manufacturer technical competence, zero. It would have been less expensive and more robust solution to buy a second-hand computer and load linux.

- market solution - stuck with the nuances of android...my box thinks it's a phone, the redundant technology not removed. Does anyone understand the value added by the manufacturer?

- manufacturer marketing - brilliant - deflect negative comments on a particular product by creating hype over the next 'latest-and-greatest' technology. Every company releases lemon products now and then, right?

If they cannot fix their own product, why would anyone believe the next product would be better?

....bottom line....lesson learned for current owners (dump this pig of a product--apologies to pigs)...for potential buyers, caveat emptor.

I think it's totally disgusting that a new model has/is being developed.. obviously that's where all the dev efforts are being concentrated and the bunnies who have purchased this lemon (1900ac), yes me included are left with this dud which is unusable.

I paid $248 for this thing.... if MyGica would stand by it's product and get it fit for purpose, which it is far from being then maybe I'd stick with it. Enjoying media should NOT be this difficult.

If I was offered even half I what I paid for it, I'd take it. We all just can't afford to 'dump' what we have paid good money for and especially in the HOPE that the new model will be any better... my first & last MyGica purchase!

I have now resorted going back to using my Boxee Box, it's a little buggy at times but a FAR, FAR more mature product than the 1900ac.

#Disappointed

reefermajic wrote:

I sent you a PM

Please read and respond

Thanks

-> Justin I responded to your PM on Jan 4 2016 as soon as you messaged me and its now 3 days later and you have not acknowledged my response?

I have just ordered a Roku 3 from ebay $193 AU - $55 cheaper than what I paid for the 1900ac.

I will take whatever I can get for the MyGica & will be glad to see the back of it - Nothing but trouble since removing from the box!

Feeling so much better already!

My 1900AC now fails to boot about once every 4 or 5 boots and when it does boot freezes and crashes with alarming regularity. So I must concur with the others that bringing a new unit out when this once has been so bug ridden is a massive slap in the face to loyal MyGica users. Not sure I would get another MyGica unit currently. Which is a shame as I have always found MyGica boxes to be cracking before this disaster of a box :(

We wont be coming out with ATV 1950 till 1900 issues are resolved.

This decision has already been made internally at our office in Canada.

As I have said on some earlier posts, if we cannot get things right on the 1900 then something will be offered to those that are not satisfied.

Hopefully the lockups are at the top of the list. I have had to pull the power to get a reboot numerous times. Also getting the wifi to work with ethernet is a biggie as well.

Alt

Hopefully the lockups are at the top of the list. I have had to pull the power to get a reboot numerous times. Also getting the wifi to work with ethernet is a biggie as well.

Alt

Wifi to work with Ethernet??

What I mean is to be able to use my ethernet connection to bring in the shows & being able to use my wifi to connect to Chromecast.

Right now if they are both on, the wifi keeps dropping.

Asking a bit much for both wifi and wired ethernet at the same time. This box is not designed for this. There is also no need, as a user can only do one thing at a time, there is no multi-tasking requirement. Android also not a multi-tasking operating system. The single, wired connection should be more than enough to 'bring in the shows' and 'connect to Chromecast', as only one at a time can be done. Trying to have both network connections going at the same time could definitely cause system freezes. Basically the program is unresponsive to user commands as it is in a deadlock state waiting for a network response...which is not happening. Ever notice that even on a multi-tasking system, using the browser can cause a system freeze? The underlying cause is usually a website not responding to operating system, and browser waiting on operating system.

Advice is to configure the wired ethernet only. If it maintains connection (mine doesn't, and is my complaint with this product), you're ahead of the game.

The odd time I lose a wired connection, a bigger problem I have is when I have to reboot for whatever reason it can take a couple reboots to get the wired connection back.

Ya it really sucks when ever I unplug the box its takes like 3 or 4 reboots before it picks up Ethernet and WiFi constantly drops connection hopefully the update that's supposed to come out today fixes one or the other preferably WiFi as some apps can't detect Ethernet