Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sotos

Are you on Kodi version 14.2? Google store says 15.

I am dumbfounded...

I assume I don't have the latest version of kodi, hence all the problems?

1) Google Store says version 15 but I can't update Kodi to that version. Is this correct?

2) Is the image in the Download section of this site a newer version?

Thanks!

In Kodi, go way over to the right, under system, then down to system info. That will tell you your version (14.2, 15.2 etc).

1) You can't install version 15.2 if you already have 14.2 installed, but you can work around that. The easiest way imo is to uninstall 14.2 is by going under (in Android front page) settings/more settings/apps/ (you should be on a black screen with white words down the left side now) then find Kodi. Go down to Kodi and uninstall (highlight Kodi then press the ok button). One of the options is uninstall.

2) You can then either install from the Play Store or right from Kodi.tv/downloads/15.2/and the "arm" version. I just d/l the arm version from Kodi then use the appinstaller program from the android front page.

I would d/l first to make sure you know how to do it, then play later.

In Kodi, go way over to the right, under system, then down to system info. That will tell you your version (14.2, 15.2 etc).

1) You can't install version 15.2 if you already have 14.2 installed, but you can work around that. The easiest way imo is to uninstall 14.2 is by going under (in Android front page) settings/more settings/apps/ (you should be on a black screen with white words down the left side now) then find Kodi. Go down to Kodi and uninstall (highlight Kodi then press the ok button). One of the options is uninstall.

2) You can then either install from the Play Store or right from Kodi.tv/downloads/15.2/and the "arm" version. I just d/l the arm version from Kodi then use the appinstaller program from the android front page.

I would d/l first to make sure you know how to do it, then play later.

Follow WJW directions

This is the best way to get to KODI 15.2

Thank you WJW!

1) I can do that but I don't want it to erase all the data and have to set up everything all over.

2) I see the Kodi 15 update in the Store but it only gives me the option to open, not upgrade. Any ideas?

As for installing manually, I read that it would upgrade if done through USB and reboot the device. No problem with that either. Can it be done over the network maybe? Download it to a network folder and perform from there?

1) If you install the official "Backup" ( in Kodi, Programs, Add, then install Backup) you can make a copy of your config. I've done it a few times, no biggie. It moves all your stuff over but doesn't personalize it. Meaning you'll have to put your trakt username and password in for example. Throw in a USB keyboard and away you go.

2) As I said, I would simply uninstall.

I'm not sure on the 1900 but I've done a few 380/582s and I've updated to the newest firmware and Kodi never updated. I just installed from the Play Store