Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Georg_ATV586

App to Monitor Signal Strength

Just got my ATV586 (new to android/tablet/smart phone tech). Setup my cheap indoor antenna (digimax BMX) and did an autoscan. Received 12 stations (ground floor East window, Kerrisdale, Vancouver) with max signal strength of 3 out of 5 bars. With only 3 bars, the sound and picture lose sync.

Is there a way (App?) to allow one to monitor the signal strength of a channel (real time) while the antenna position is adjusted? I tried manual scan but wasn't sure how this works and I couldn't find any info (video how to) on to do this. Some Youtube MyGica vids but only the very simplest things are shown.

Georg

Just got my ATV586 (new to android/tablet/smart phone tech). Setup my cheap indoor antenna (digimax BMX) and did an autoscan. Received 12 stations (ground floor East window, Kerrisdale, Vancouver) with max signal strength of 3 out of 5 bars. With only 3 bars, the sound and picture lose sync.

Is there a way (App?) to allow one to monitor the signal strength of a channel (real time) while the antenna position is adjusted? I tried manual scan but wasn't sure how this works and I couldn't find any info (video how to) on to do this. Some Youtube MyGica vids but only the very simplest things are shown.

Georg

Since we are one of the only ones that provide ATSC for Android, it will be very hard to find any signal meter apps.

I have made the suggestion to our Dev team to add signal percentage in our New User Interface rather then signal bars.

But this wont be out for awhile

The best thing I can suggest to adjust signal is to try your Televisions ATSC tuner, most TVs give a signal meter for each channel.

But also, have you updated to the recent Firmware and DTV Player on your 586?

We updated the 586 over the last month.

So it should improve the issue you are having