Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reefermajic

Laundry List of 1900AC bugs - when will these be fixed?

I purchased my unit a couple of months ago as a first time MyGica client. I had before the Matricom GBox. In short. With all the features offered by the MyGica box with a retail cost over $200 plus the extra $30 for the airmouse. I am rather disappointed in this product as well the up to date firmware upgrades made available that have not solved major issues as far as I am concerned:

1) Air Mouse can't turn off the unit. You hold the power button it shows standby and reboot. When you click standby it reboots?

2) The WIFI I can't even turn it on. When I click "ON" in settings and back out. It defaults back to "OFF"

3) The unit the last week of me writing this post, has all of a sudden started FREEZING very often and the only way for me to reboot is to go and take the power out from back of the unit the cord and replug in. Very convenient:(

4) Youtube, The slider to move forward and back is very non convenient. On my Gbox, it has a BIG icon you grab and move forward and back. With this Youtube (I upgraded to latest from googlestore) you have to hold the button down and watch the slider go forward and back. The issue here is having to change between airmouse and fixed cursor which can drive one crazy.

5) HDMI - CRC - At night I usually have music playing and then use my receiver sleep timer to shut off. When I close the TV, the unit shuts off. Ok cool so it means the HDMI-CRC is "ON". I went and turned it to "OFF" problem solved. Guess what. With the constant freezing and having to shut off the unit or pull the plug out etc. This "ON/OFF" then defaults back to "ON" which means I am constantly having to go and change this setting for my purpose. Isnt there some internal memory to capture my selection and lock it into place?

6) there are times that I turn on my receiver ( an expense Marantz which HDMI switching ) TV and 1900AC. Guess what on the screen I don't see an image???? Even after 5min? Even to the point the TV says it will auto shut off if no activity. The solution for me to get up and go and pull the plug and put back and presto, I see the Lollipop image. This isn't just a one off. This has been going on since day 1 when I purchased the unit,

7) I am TERRIBLY disturbed to even read a mention of a 1950 model when this 1900 has been all of a frustrating experience in trying to exhibit patience.

At this point, I am really getting frustrated cause the issues above should NEVER have been released to market to anyone to purchase for over $200 etc. That to me is NOT a good business model to attract new clients.

This post is not meant to be derogatory to MyGica as with a democratic world, I should be as a paid consumer be able to express my concerns and not be subject to any sort of ban from site (it seems every person that writes a frustration on this board is doing so in fear of getting banned - pathetic).

If anyone has solutions or help please go ahead.

And yes I am running the latest updates - not gonna bother writing it down here,.

Probably not receive any fixes as Mods and Admins can't even answer the question first posted on Sunday. I suggest MyGica hire some more people for this site alone as the support for their products is horrible.

Yep, a big +1 from me!!! Totally agree

Every week it seems to be something new

Before xmas my unit started freezing when trying to playing LOCAL HD content - content which every other device in house can play without issue, yet this unit said to be capable of UHD (4K) cannot cope with.

A now my Ethernet has gone back to NOT WORKING

The whole point of buying one of these units is to sit back & enjoy your media, not to fight with it & employ WORKAROUNDS to get basic functionality.

If my place of purchase offered me a refund, I'd jump at it and purchase a ROKU 3 or 4 without blinking an eyelid

The unit is simply NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

I am totally at a LOSS for words seeing all you other 1900AC purchasers with the SAME problems. To think I thought maybe I am being an @$$ and I will get working solutions from other users to help me instead of everyone agreeing with my post.

As I said. The fact that there is promotion for the 1950AC at CES and all this crap really adds fire to my inferno. This in itself has me TOTALLY disgusted with MyGICA.

FYI - I am starting to notice a trend now that with the upgraded AirMouse KR301 I purchased at the same time I bought my unit. (That's a no brainer as the remote provided is pathetic. Why they would advertise the 1950AC coming with the qwerty remote as WOW an upgrade in the year 2015/16 is ridiculous. It's like we are forced to purchase this upgraded remote. My problem is that the remote is logoed with MyGica so its not like I am purchasing a 3rd party product. Didn't they do testing with this remote before releasing the unit? Wouldn't that make logical sense? To catch the Standby/Reboot nonsense?

Well check this out. It seems when you take the remote off airmouse and just use the cursor and click power and then standby that will shut the unit off. So it seems the bug is in the airmouse icon and flipping back and forth which seems to be the norm (again ridiculous). Now when I goto power on my unit. All I see is a black screen, hence again I am forced to pull the power plug out and back in and then presto you see the Lollipop screen. With the YouTube issue? Jeez in the evening when I come from work and sit down to throw on a YouTube vid I am getting every error message possible from the app - From cant connect to cant play etc. Yet with my old WD LIve Player with the YouTube App I NEVER had any issues playing videos????????

I agree with previous post that Mygica (Justin as our advocate) should be offering a zero cost swap of the 1900AC for the 1950AC instead of trying to get a replacement unit if its found to be defective as I said I can't get the WIFI to turn on since Day 1 and Day 1 is Aug 7 2015.?????

I have an ASUS AC router so I was looking forward to the WIFI AC feature and WOW I can't use it and had to go purchase another Ethernet cable and (I am getting a migraine writing this post as in writing I am starting realize what a FOOL we are all being made to look like here).

I am out for now. Justin I responded to your PM and even have messaged you on LinkedIn before where you responded to me back in Aug/Sept and now I am not getting a response from you.

AP

Guys, I feel your frustration... Mygica is a piece of shit!

Since you have only been a member for 5 weeks I can only assume that you either...

a) got it from some place that doesn't accept returns, or

b) lost your bill.

Most sane people would simply return the box...