Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomchateau

Real Mess Now

Hi,

The saga goes on. The ATV380 went weird this morning so I tried to reinstall the fw but it just seemed to die as it was loading. Then I rebooted but it came up with a few machine level messages (upgrade from ext, upgrade from int, factory reset, clear cache partition, etc). I tried to upgrade from EXT but nothing happened so I eventually tried a factory reset but it seems to be doing nothing.

How royally screwed am I or is there a way out of this quagmire?

Thanks...Tom

Thanks

Hi,

The saga goes on. The ATV380 went weird this morning so I tried to reinstall the fw but it just seemed to die as it was loading. Then I rebooted but it came up with a few machine level messages (upgrade from ext, upgrade from int, factory reset, clear cache partition, etc). I tried to upgrade from EXT but nothing happened so I eventually tried a factory reset but it seems to be doing nothing.

How royally screwed am I or is there a way out of this quagmire?

Thanks...Tom

Thanks

You can reload the Firmware manually while in this screen

Just needs to be loaded from a USB or SD card.

If that does not work I have a factory restore method using an SD Card.

Let me know how it goes

Hey Justin,

At the moment I have a screen that is split in three; the top is red "android system recovery <3e>" etc, the middle is blue "reboot system now" etc, and the bottom is yellow "E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)" etc.

Do I just pop the SD card in? Do I need to select an option (ie "reboot system now" or ""apply update from EXT" or something?

Thanks...I feel like an idiot

Hey Justin,

At the moment I have a screen that is split in three; the top is red "android system recovery <3e>" etc, the middle is blue "reboot system now" etc, and the bottom is yellow "E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)" etc.

Do I just pop the SD card in? Do I need to select an option (ie "reboot system now" or ""apply update from EXT" or something?

Thanks...I feel like an idiot

The instructions require you to pop in the sd card and hold the reset button for 15 seconds after you plug in the power to the box

Hi,

I now see that the problem has arisen due to a FW update. I awoke today with the ATV380 saying that an update was applied and will now reboot. I accepted the reboot but it just hangs - the status bar stops at about 75% completed (the kryponite in the Android man stops spinning too).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, it is forced and it is not working properly.

Kodi locks up and then when I reboot Kodi doesn't work at all. The Kodi main window comes up but then it just goes dead and the main Mygica home screen loads.

Very annoying. Please help.

Thanks

The build number is V002M801_20151201

Android version is 4.4.2

Kernel version is 3.10.33

That looks like a fairly recent build, maybe it was designed for something other than the ATV380? Before that version, I was running a build from March and it was working fine.

Thanks

@tomchateau

Can you perform a factory reset now? Delete everything and let Android clean itself up. This should get you going again.

DV

I will try but I am pretty sure I did that yesterday and this mess returned this morning. I did something, maybe it wasn't a factory reset. I did lose all my apps, all my data, and it was a battle rebuilding it again but will to try.

How do I do the factory reset?

Hi,

Actually, I did something drastic yesterday and I thought it was a factory reset but I could be wrong. How do I do a factory reset? Do I need a firmware on the SD card?

I lost all apps and data yesterday but I will try a factory reset if you think it will help.

Thanks