Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muskie63

ATV1900AC Stuttering

New to the forum and to MyGica. Just starting using my new box over the past week.

I am getting stuttering in the video (not audio) every 5-15 seconds. It is like it pauses for a half second or so.

I have gig ethernet connections throughout and very high bandwidth internet. As well gig ethernet to my NAS (READYNAS 4 ULTRA)

I am seeing this on the following...

1) Kodi video mkv files played from my NAS

2) Kodi streaming from CBC and PBS using the respective add-ons

3) Netflix content using the Mygica standard Netflix app.

I have tested the connection and my download speed to the box is 94 MB/s - so I expect that is not the issue. I never had this issue on my WD TV box.

Any ideas on the reason for the stuttering and any corrective action?

Thanks

I had a similar issue on my 1900. My screen went black only every few minutes though. Switched HDMI cable and no more problem.

Are you using the HDMI that came with the unit?

Are you running direct to TV or through receiver?

1) Kodi video mkv files played from my NAS

This is a real issue as I am getting the same thing and never experienced this with my old WD Live Media Player or any for that matter.

I did a factory reset on both my TV and my AV Receiver to ensure that there were no funky settings from the old setup.

It did improve it substantially - however I still do get the occasional burp in the video.

Not perfect but definitely better.

For me nearly always happens on 1080 mkv files. 5 - 8 gb from my nas, hard wired ethernet.

It will happen 100% of the time if I'm watching a movie and either pause or stop for longer than 20 mins come back to resume and stuttering starts immediately.