Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

muskoka

DNS settings for Unblock Us

I just picked up my MyGica 1200 today.

I have a subscription with Unblock Us. I have easily been able to change the DNS settings on various other devices in order to get the service working. Unfortunately things are not so self evident on the 1200.

Is there anyone who knows how to change the DNS settings on the 1200 to get Unblock Us working?

I would prefer to not change the settings on my router.

Thanks for your help!

I just picked up my MyGica 1200 today.

I have a subscription with Unblock Us. I have easily been able to change the DNS settings on various other devices in order to get the service working. Unfortunately things are not so self evident on the 1200.

Is there anyone who knows how to change the DNS settings on the 1200 to get Unblock Us working?

I would prefer to not change the settings on my router.

Thanks for your help!

If you go into the settings menu, and go to wifi, highlight the wifi connection you are connected to. Hold down the OK button on your remote, and it should give to the option to "Modify Network".

Now check mark "Show Advanced options", and you will see a new menu come down that will allow you to turn on "Proxy Settings" and enter in your details.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Thank you for your help. I have followed the instructions and the VPN service is now working.

I have added the BBC, RTE, ITV and 4oD apps, unfortunately the only one that works is RTE. The apps that don't work are freezing, or the video won't load. I know this isn't an exact science so I'm not too worried about it. I have other ways to view these services.

Thank you for your help. I have followed the instructions and the VPN service is now working.

I have added the BBC, RTE, ITV and 4oD apps, unfortunately the only one that works is RTE. The apps that don't work are freezing, or the video won't load. I know this isn't an exact science so I'm not too worried about it. I have other ways to view these services.

Ok good to know it worked for you.

How do you find your proxy settings to plug in, in order to run unblockus on mygica?

Under settings and more. You will find VPN options.

Thank you Justin but what I am trying to figure out is what information I need to type in. For Wii and WDTV I just type in primary and secondary DNS numbers( i.e. 208.155.23.23) Mygica is foreign to me and I'm having a rough time setting it up.

i would suggest 51MON that you play with MyGica for little bit, before setup the settings, that way you would see how things are done inside out, then try to setup VPN but you could setup VPN two ways, find your fav app for VPN or you can setup under settings!..