Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyboy7495

kodi blackout

when starting kodi it does to a black screen and i cant even get back to the home screen with out unplugging it i have a mygica 585 ... i tried a factory reset and that did not fix this problem ... can some one help me out please :evil::?::?:

*** No CURL support compiled in. Disabled allow_url_fopen in php.ini. Antispam service cleantalk.org ***

Same symptoms here... The only thing that has changed on MyGica is that Kodi is now intruduced with a special "Mygica edition" splashscreen. It then will load the main kodi screen and everything looks fine. However:

- Circular power icon unresponsive

- Click any menu, videos, system etc BLACKSCREEN

You can if you have a mouse connected still see the cursor against the blackscreen tho

- ESC will get you back to the main kodi screen but background image is borked. It too is BLACKSCREEN. Strange.

I cleared out ample disk space in case this was some update that needed lots of room to install. But every time I still get the "mygica edition 14.2" splashscreen and the message 'preparing for first run please wait' when i restart MyGica and try Kodi again. Something seems stuck? I'd love to get into the system menu and force an update but it is impossible to get there.

What is the deal with this non-working MyGica edition of kodi? I prefer the old one that worked!

Here is ATV 585 Manual Firmware update

Once installed, I suggest to do a factory reset.

You will have KODI 15.2 with this update.

To make the update easier, I would suggest installing it through the Android Recovery screen, when it is done then do a factory reset in the same menu.

Then Reboot the box.

Make sure to extract the IMG File from the Zip folder.

update_MyGica_ATV585_20151208.zip