Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ald

Wifi barely turns on, when it does, no networks found

Hi,

Im trying to get this 1900ac box setup for a friend, the wifi doesn't seem to turn on they way it should, and when i do get it to say that it's on I cant get it to connect to any wifi network, it won't find any on it's own, it just scans for them forever finding nothing, and adding it manually, along with adding the security password, which is a pretty stupid process on its own, so im not sure that It's even being done right, doesn't work either. I have tried factory resets, several,, updating the box to 5.2, going though the initial start up to install the network, none of it works. I have it at my house for the time being and via ethernet it works just fine, but that inst an option for my friend. So is there something obvious im not doing, or is this particular box broken, or is this a somewhat common wifi problem as I have read some other complaints similar to this about this device.

Hi,

Im trying to get this 1900ac box setup for a friend, the wifi doesn't seem to turn on they way it should, and when i do get it to say that it's on I cant get it to connect to any wifi network, it won't find any on it's own, it just scans for them forever finding nothing, and adding it manually, along with adding the security password, which is a pretty stupid process on its own, so im not sure that It's even being done right, doesn't work either. I have tried factory resets, several,, updating the box to 5.2, going though the initial start up to install the network, none of it works. I have it at my house for the time being and via ethernet it works just fine, but that inst an option for my friend. So is there something obvious im not doing, or is this particular box broken, or is this a somewhat common wifi problem as I have read some other complaints similar to this about this device.

Have you updated the box to the Latest 12/09/15 Firmware?

If not you can find it here

https://mega.nz/#!zk0iCbSC!N-Its8ENSqJ2 ... K7UgZ0H1bg

Also i attached a Wifi Patch file you can try after you install that firmware

update_1900_5.0_rtl8812au_dropped_20160119-wifi-patch.zip