Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TNewton

ATV520E and ethernet

Hello,

I know usually people have issues with WIFI and not Ethernet, but I have issues with the Ethernet. I bought the box yesterday. I hooked it up to the Ethernet cable and it will not allow internet access. I have Ethernet turned on, but what I have noticed is when I go to Ethernet Configurations there is a MAC address but the IP Address, Netmask, DNS Address or Gateway. From my understanding the device should at least have an IP Address. I want a wired connection so that it's faster for streaming.

Do you think upgrading it to 4.2.2 would help?

I wanted to let you know, I solved the issue. Upgrading to Android 4.2.2 helped! 4 hours of time spent on this today. But at least it worked. Thanks everyone.

I wanted to let you know, I solved the issue. Upgrading to Android 4.2.2 helped! 4 hours of time spent on this today. But at least it worked. Thanks everyone.

Good to hear it all worked for you.

Newguy: I don't know how to quote you. Sorry. No it wouldn't allow any connection to the internet at all, so it would even communicate to the router. Updating to 4.2.2 seemed to work it's connected via ethernet now.

Newguy: I don't know how to quote you. Sorry. No it wouldn't allow any connection to the internet at all, so it would even communicate to the router. Updating to 4.2.2 seemed to work it's connected via ethernet now.

So this worked for you as well?