Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimitri1

DTV / Scan for tv channels

Not sure if there's something wrong with my DTV app or if I can be sent something to re-download, but there are no prompt or anything else to click to do a channel scan. But I no longer have the ability to do a channel scan. Also - it used to list Radio - is this able to do a scan for local radio stations?

Help!

Have had this issue as well. the digital t2 screen should be black, not blue with a cup in the middle..

try to find a older 586ATVT2firmware, not this one: http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 151109.zip, THIS ONE: http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 150703.zip

the box will update then automatic. also to mention, that mygica uses an incredible slow tuner in this box, scanning and later switching channels are testing your nerves costume...also blind scan missing....in total, hard to understand why it looks no one is thinking or testing the components mygica bought....

Also to pay attention for is, that the chinese having nonstop holidays, not to speak from other "events" like Gig matters..hahaha...each time a couple of weeks, so no responses during these times of heavy alcohol abuse.......from 52 weeks a year half go this way.... :lol:

Why i know all this? My Girlfriend is chinese........... :mrgreen:

Thank you for the response.

I've downloaded the file you suggested, but what should I do now?

Will this make the "scan" page appear? Just want to make sure I download and run the correct file as I need the proper file for ATSC (United States) and don't want to make this box unoperable.

Thanks!

Hi,

ATSC or T2 is what you need? you should specify your Box, the T2 has a Coax cable input for the T2 Digital TV antenna, the other, ATSC, has a F-Connector connection, both are for different tuners each. Or did you mean the US Tv Norm NTSC?

In case you have the right Firmware, put the file extracted on a USB, go Upgrade..choose the file over "Local Update"....if you dont see the file, press 7 times the MENUE button on your Remote...and it will appear. Then mark the file and it will start the Process after...dont interrupt, needs a few minutes then

wp4e4889d8_01_1a.jpg.e4c468448d27ccb4d4b9bb2500a68c3e.jpg

Thanks! I live in United States so I need to fix the DTV that won't allow me to scan for channels - we use ATSC.

Will the download just fix that problem, or is it an upgrade for the entire ATV 586? Did this upgrade come out after the last update (which was Nov. 2015?)

Thanks!

The last version of ATSC For the 586 that we came out with was in November 2015

We will have a new version coming out after Chinese New Years.

Should be in early March.

As for DVB-T2, I have asked one of our new team members from Europe to come on this Forum to support this model.

Since I am based in Canada, and we only use ATSC here, I cannot really help with the DVB-T2 Version of ATV 586.

To answer some questions from this thread.

We manufacturer our own tuners, since Geniatech has been making TV tuners for many years now.

I have compared scanning times to built in tuners on TVs, and find the ATV 586 is actually faster then most TVs

My Sony TV at home takes about 20 Minutes to finish a scan, and this TV is only 2 years old.

If you are in the DTV Player APP, and want to scan.

Just press the 3 Lined MENU Button on the remote and you will see the main menu of the app.

From here you can find out where to scan channels.

For Radio channels, this will only scan Radio Channels that are being broadcasted on ATSC or DVB-T2 within your Local Area. This will not pickup FM or AM stations. For example, in Toronto I get 1 Radio Channel when I scan in my ATSC Channels.

Thanks Justin. Yes, I'm in the United States and use ATSC. I'll try the directions you posted for the channel scan, but definitely looking forward to any updates for the 586 model.

Thanks!