Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shapeup1

Do I have to wait for Kodi to shut down or..

can I use the home button on the remote to exit to android and then just power off?

Before I would hit exit on kodi and wait for it to go to android, I don't feel like waiting 15 seconds for it to shut down...is it safe to just hit the home button?

Thank you

If I'm in a rush and just hit 'home' instead of actually exiting the app, I always kill Kodi via the app killer. In my head that's a decent comprimise. lol I find if I don't exit properly or kill the app, Kodi doesn't function properly the next time I use it. Whether it's a cache issue, or Kodi just doesn't wake up well, I don't know. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will pop in.

I was reading elsewhere that it needs to shutdown properly like any other operating system does.

Does anyone know what the standby function does, I click on it and the light turns red I can see the green light of the network still flashing and I still have to reboot for the software to work properly.

1.I was reading elsewhere that it needs to shutdown properly like any other operating system does.

2.Does anyone know what the standby function does, I click on it and the light turns red I can see the green light of the network still flashing and I still have to reboot for the software to work properly.

1. The short answer is yes. It's an app that, if not shut down properly, does weird and funky things.

2. You kind of lost me a bit on this one. I have a 380 and (I believe) the green "network" light means nothing more than your network is functioning (doing stuff in your house). I'm still not sure what you mean by having to reboot to make the software work properly.

1.I was reading elsewhere that it needs to shutdown properly like any other operating system does.

2.Does anyone know what the standby function does, I click on it and the light turns red I can see the green light of the network still flashing and I still have to reboot for the software to work properly.

2. You kind of lost me a bit on this one. I have a 380 and (I believe) the green "network" light means nothing more than your network is functioning (doing stuff in your house). I'm still not sure what you mean by having to reboot to make the software work properly.

When I completely power down using the red button on the remote the network light stops flashing and the power button turns red.

But when I hit the standby option the power light does turn red, but the network led keeps flashing as if there is still activity going on.......(something I noticed this and don't understand why) also when I go to the standby option the box appears to be confused and in order to get things going I need to reboot the box.

Can someone tell me what is the function of standby?