Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 - Future upgrade list

Hi Justin,

I made a list of future upgrade requests for this unit. Would be great if we could see some of them implemented.

1. Add NTFS write to external drives

2. Check if internal NAND or memory can be made faster

3. Add additional codec support for video and audio for 4K player

4. Add a reboot APK

5. OTA upgrade implementation

6. Change orientation to landscape on apps

Best regards

Hi Justin,

I made a list of future upgrade requests for this unit. Would be great if we could see some of them implemented.

1. Add NTFS write to external drives

2. Check if internal NAND or memory can be made faster

3. Add additional codec support for video and audio for 4K player

4. Add a reboot APK

5. OTA upgrade implementation

6. Change orientation to landscape on apps

Best regards

I will respond to some of the requests you made, as I dont have answers for all

2. The current memory is the speed it will be, and I am not sure how much faster you want it to be? As we have never heard anyone complain about this before.

3. I have mentioned more codec support, not sure the time frame on this though

4. If you press down the power button on the remote control for 3 seconds, you will be given the option to reboot the unit. So a Reboot APK is not needed,

5. The first batch and Future batches of the ATV 1800E's will be able to accept OTA Updates, I have confirmed this with our factory. We should be ready to go with this come August. However I am not sure if this will be the case for all products sold Worldwide, all units that we import into North America will have this feature though. And we only handle distribution for the North American market.

6. Landscape can be done, however it requires different firmware.

We have this for our Dual Core models, and only our Digital Signage customers have been requesting this.

The firmware that is available is basically just stock Android OS, since this is all that is required for Digital Signage.

I will have to inquire if they have this firmware available for Quad Cores, but I am not sure if it is available yet, and they will generally only make this available to us if it is for a Digital Signage customer.

Landscape orientation will be required for us to play games. Will you please find out for us? Also do you know if 3D BD ISO will be supported in future or is it more a Amlogic / XBMC decision? The hardware is stable and reliable and the best in my opinion out there. I watched a 25 GB BD ISO with no issues last night. WOW!

Landscape orientation will be required for us to play games. Will you please find out for us? Also do you know if 3D BD ISO will be supported in future or is it more a Amlogic / XBMC decision? The hardware is stable and reliable and the best in my opinion out there. I watched a 25 GB BD ISO with no issues last night. WOW!

I am sure Landscape orientation can be implemented into our Quad Core models, but just not sure when this can be done.

3D BD ISO would be something that would have to be supported by XBMC, since there Developers would be best to implement this.

Talked with Engineers last night.

They say there new version of XBMC 13.1 supports ISO's, as for 3D ISO's, this is something you can try with there new version, once we release it.

As for Landscape orientation, they only plan to make this available for Digital Signage customers for there Quad core models, and are not looking to make this available for Retail set top boxes.

The XBMC version does support BD ISO - I can confirm and it works pretty good. 3D BD iso doesn't work yet, but I'm sure it might in the near future provided that the XBMC can deliver.

Its a shame about the orientation, but it wont stop me from enjoying my unit.

Thanks.

Regarding the reboot app ... I don't use the stock remote, I use a fly mouse gyro remote which really makes the use of this box a breeze. The creation of this app would assist users who have other remotes to reboot the box a breeze.

Regarding the reboot app ... I don't use the stock remote, I use a fly mouse gyro remote which really makes the use of this box a breeze. The creation of this app would assist users who have other remotes to reboot the box a breeze.

You can already reboot with Fly Mouse remotes.

Our boxes use the same function as PC'S

CTRL + ALT + DEL

No need for an app to reboot the box

I see some of the games can be played in landscape mode provided that they were written for the orientation.

This is after the August firmware

Just swipe down and full screen is available on some of them.

Thanks!