Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RKeene

ATV586 atsc update?

Any update on when the 586 atsc will be updated? DTV viewer app also still wonky and doesn't work on tablet and phone. Just a black losing screen on each channel.

Hi

As Rkeene, I'm eager to know when the new firmware for the AVT586 ATSC will be available since there are some issues that have been brought up in the MyGica ATV 586 Quad Core Plus Digital TV Tuner Discussions forum that should be fixed in the new release of the AVT586 ATSC firmware.

In the DTV / Scan for tv channels post it was mentioned that:

" The last version of ATSC For the 586 that we came out with was in November 2015

We will have a new version coming out after Chinese New Years.

Should be in early March."

If possible, any update on the progress of the new firmware for the AVT586 ATSC would be appreciated, since the new firmware was supposed to be available in early March as stated above and we are almost in May and have not seen anything.

I really enjoy the ATV586 product and as I said I'm really eager to try the new firmware.

Thanks

Erudmuc

We have new Firmware which is available OTA Update right now

But can be downloaded manually from here

This is for ATV 586 ATSC Version only.

https://mega.nz/#!PwMw2bBA!e86thr1Qr4mI ... PiqktyJFkc

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX.

Change Log:

1. Updated to new Android Kernel

2. Fixed Full screen PIP on main launcher

3. Faster Channel Change

4. Corrected remote buttons for Ch UP/DOWN

5. Fixed Audio out of Sync

6. Added KODI 16.0

We are still working on changing the EPG Layout as well as adding manual scheduling for recording.

Hi Justin,

That's Great news!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. :D

Just one other question for you.

I would go to the following site to see if a new version of the ATV586 firmware has been released.

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Is this the correct site since on this site for the avt586 ASTC the firmware that is able to be downloaded is version update_MyGica_ATV586-A_20151111.

Thanks

Erudmuc

Hi Justin,

That's Great news!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. :D

Just one other question for you.

I would go to the following site to see if a new version of the ATV586 firmware has been released.

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Is this the correct site since on this site for the avt586 ASTC the firmware that is able to be downloaded is version update_MyGica_ATV586-A_20151111.

Thanks

Erudmuc

The version I posted is a newer one then the one available from mygica.com

They should update the download link soon

Hey Justin,

I've successfull updated to build number V002M8B01_20160330 and have been messing with it a little over a day. Installation froze on the android man when I installed through the in UI System Update feature and caused some boot issues where the SD and OS was not found. I was forced to install the image via usb in recovery. Once installed it booted great and has been running more smoothly than the last update. It may be just me but the screens and apps seem to transition quicker and more smoothly. My rooftop antenna is picking up 2 extra channels with the update though some of the weakest channels seem to pixelate more. The sound to picture sync seems to be much improved and when out of sync, it has quickly repaired itself. The preview OTA screen on the home screen is now a full picture and not cut off as before. Channel flipping using the remote is now possible, though there is a bit of continuity issue as pushing channel down (or the down button) will actually move up on the channel list (The one that pops out the side of the screen). It would make more sense if they matched. Adding a menu selection to change the way the up and down buttons and channel buttons work would be a nice touch. (FYI, I use a MELE F10 Deluxe remote as the "air mouse" on the included remote is pretty useless for navigating android apps. The channel up/down issue happens on the included remote as well.) The DTV viewer app is still not working when trying to view OTA on my other android devices. On my devices, when I boot up the DTV Viewer app it looks for the box but cannot find it. Overall the update has been pretty significant and well done.

Thanks,

Rich

One more...

Digital Audio Detection still not working for me. I get no sound when using SPDIF or HDMI settings. Sound plays fine though using PCM setting.

When will we get an update with manual recording entry?

I don't care if the EPG has pretty logos and a fancy new layout.

Just let me set a recording by manually entering the channel and time.

This is a basic PVR function which is absolutely required.

MAM

One more...

Digital Audio Detection still not working for me. I get no sound when using SPDIF or HDMI settings. Sound plays fine though using PCM setting.

The 586 doesn't even have SPDIF.

I will have to get that removed.

PCM is perfectly fine to be using for a sound setting.

When will we get an update with manual recording entry?

I don't care if the EPG has pretty logos and a fancy new layout.

Just let me set a recording by manually entering the channel and time.

This is a basic PVR function which is absolutely required.

MAM

I have asked for this feature many times to be added to DTV player App

Will follow up with this again and see what the hold up is.