Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterksh

Want to Watch Hoopla Digital Via My MyGica 1800E Box

I want to use the Hoopla Digital Android app or any Android browser to watch Hoopla via my MyGica 1800E but I am quite sure the Hoopla Digital app requires Widevine. I have the Hoopla Android app downloaded--the most recent one but it never recognizes me as being online. I have also tried at least one Android browser but it does not work.

Does the MyGica 1800E have any Widevine-enabled browsers or can I download any Widevine-enable Android browser from the Google Playstore of if not is MyGica plannning to address this problem?

The problem is that all these Widevine references I believe are to Windows versions of the Browsers. I can indeed watch Hoopla Digital through by Windows PC. It is that I want to watch it on my bigscreen TV via my MyGica Box.

I can buy a new video card for my PC with an HDMI out and send that to my TV but it would be so nice to have it via the MyGica box. I have tried different Android browsers in the past but with no success. I will try again in case one of these now has Widevine.

In the past Hoopla Digital told me that there Android app would not work on Android TV boxes. Hoopla does say that Chromecast could be used to access Hoopla Digital but I do not know how to make this work.

Thanks for your reply.

We currently only have Widevine Level 1 support.

If Hoopla requires Widevine Level 3 support, then the app will not work. Also you should find out if the app can work on Rooted Devices or not.

Chromecast support means you need to cast it from your phone to a chromecast device, the 1800 is not a chromecast receiver.