Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Development/firmware on 1800E

Justine, I was wondering if there is going to be any further development on the 1800E? For example, will the Android OS be updated to ??Lollipop?? like was stated last year?

If not, no real problem for me, just trying to keep from going back to this board and seeing no change for that device.

BTW: I'm running the "lollipop" version you first sent out last year and it works great for me. Then again I rarely use Kodi and mostly Plex. 8-)

It's a problem for me.

I bought the 1800e thinking updates would be forthcoming.

Certainly the chatter here suggests updates would be released, and the device is not that old.

No solid updates have been released in many months despite statements they would be.

Very disappointed.

We have the 5.1 in Beta section for the ATV 1900

Which will also work for the 1800/582/380 if you want to try it.

This is purely Beta though. I have an update to it coming in a few weeks to address a lot of things that should be working on it but were not.

The SDK AOSP that is given to us from AMLogic was only updated 2 times for Android 5.1 with the last update coming in December, and they have said there will be no more updates to the S8XX Chipsets SDKs. Keep in mind these 5.1 SDKs from AMLogic are very buggy when we get them from AMlogic, so a lot of work goes into fixing it an rebuilding it, you can also read about this on XDA Developers from some devs that post ROMs on there for other AMlogic STBs.

I have an update to the ATV 1800E/582/380 that I will post either today or tomorrow, we made a change to the Launcher which added a Power Button and a Cache/App Clearing button, it also adds KODI 16.0 if you decide to do a factory reset.

We will still come out with updates to the ATV 1800/582/380 if need be, but for now the focus will be on Android 4.4.

The current 4.4 Firmware is very stable at this point, and realistically Android 5.0 and 5.1 aren't a big change for what we are using these boxes for since most AOSPs from Android are directed at Mobile upgrades with new looking menus etc.

For the update to 5.1, it will be posted as Beta only, as our official Firmware for now will continue to be 4.4.

We have an update out for 1800/582/380

Will be sent by OTA Next week

For those of you wanting to try it for now

we are going to online update following FW

FW:update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img

https://mega.nz/#!KAlQgYCT!CW79YytuZAY9 ... zuas9p8eS4

here is update list

1. Solved HDMI black issue

2. solved kodi black issue under 480i with RCA output

3. update to kodi 16.0( you should set factroy reset to get FRESH new kodi 16.0, If you want save your current kodi setting and add ons. pls go to playstore and choose update)

4. Added Power Button and Memory Cleaner button to the Home Screen of Android Menu.

Justin, I just downloaded the 20160323.img file and I have a problem loading it. I cannot get the TV to accept any input from the 1800E remote or from the Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/mouse. The reboot option is highlighted when I use the reset button and power on, but, I cannot get to or even input that item. Tried with dongle in and out. It does boot to the original firmware no problem. BTW I'm running on the original Lollipop version from last year.

Any ideas??

Justin, I just downloaded the 20160323.img file and I have a problem loading it. I cannot get the TV to accept any input from the 1800E remote or from the Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/mouse. The reboot option is highlighted when I use the reset button and power on, but, I cannot get to or even input that item. Tried with dongle in and out. It does boot to the original firmware no problem. BTW I'm running on the original Lollipop version from last year.

Any ideas??

Try a USB mouse

Under "settings/more settings"

Way down on the bottom left, under "about device" will be the build number.

If it upgraded, you'd know.

here is update list

3. update to kodi 16.0( you should set factroy reset to get FRESH new kodi 16.0, If you want save your current kodi setting and add ons. pls go to playstore and choose update)

4. Added Power Button and Memory Cleaner button to the Home Screen of Android Menu.

I've applied the dec15 patch to my 1800e which resolved the audio issues I was having.

Your changelog doesn't list any issues I'm experiencing so I'll skip the update if it's just a maintenance release.

I did however go to the playstore and Kodi 16 was available as an update, which I installed.

That was flawless and painless.

:D

It's a real shame that Android greater than 4.4 on the 1800e doesn't look like it will happen.

Thanks for being forthright about it. At least that's respectable.

Looks like AMLogic abandons models very quickly. Oh well.

My unit is in a good place right now. I'll likely just leave it alone until it fails.

here is update list

Thank you for the update, Justin. I installed it today and I must say it is superb with KODI 16 running just fine. So much so that I just ordered another 1800E for my cottage. Thank you so much for all you do for us.

Did, 'by next week' mean anything to you? But, then again you did give them a day!

Say what? The post by Justin about an OTA next week was made on Mar 31. By my count, next week would have been the week of Apr 4- 9. Today being the 11th is considerably more than a "day". Even if it was only a day, maybe he would appreciate knowing that the OTA server is refusing connections and isn't working.

I think I'll go the image download route again :)

I'm still convinced that the "update server" is someone's PC in China, and the download success depends on whether that person is downloading torrents or playing DOTA.

Quickest way is to download from the link provided by Justin. Then once you complete the upgrade go to Google Playstore and download Kodi 16. All of your setting will then be retained. I find the OTA will work but not necessarily when you want it to work.

Hi,

I still haven't received the ota firmware update. I was wondering if i need to keep the box turned on? Does it happen behind the scenes or if i power up, does it inform me that an update is available? Haven't worked with this hardware and it's not clear. Typically I power down the unit when not in use but leave it plugged in. Thanks

It needs to be turned on, and then you also need divine help for the update to actually download. In the last 6 days, I have tried manually checking for the update (if there even is one) at least 50 times, and every single time I got "connect service fail".

Since I got the box a year ago, I only once managed to get an OTA, and then it was downloading at a speed of about 20 KB/s, so it took a solid 3-4 hours to get the update in question.

Don't rely on it.

If you want your box patched, you really have to flash it manually. Whatever the box connects to is horrid, to put it mildly.

Hi I just downloaded the image file from the link put it onto SD card put in to mygica.1800E gon to the upgrade app on my box .local update .click on it but just says Back .I have tried pressing button on remote 8 times. I noticed on the SD card there is only one image file and nothing else. Do I need to trye and do with the pin method at the back of box . I have also tried over the air update but that does not work any help would be appreciated thank you in advance George.

Thank you for your quick reply . I got the image files to work. But need to take the power out of the box first as did not recognize it then I put the power up back went to update and it's updated but it Froze part way through on the green man . I remove the power in the back of the box and plugged it back in everything then work. Thank you for your help John. it's good that we help everyone on this forum. George