Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bcondemi

Not enough USB Power?

I have attached a 2.5 (laptop) drive into a hard drive enclosure that has only a mini usb connector into my mac to format it. I then plug it into the 1900 and here a faint clicking. I take the same drive and plug it into an external powered docking station and the 1900 now reads it.

tried the same test with a different hard drive and same results.

It seems to me that the 1900 doesn't supply enough power to the usb connector(s). Anyone confirm this?

BC

I have attached a 2.5 (laptop) drive into a hard drive enclosure that has only a mini usb connector into my mac to format it. I then plug it into the 1900 and here a faint clicking. I take the same drive and plug it into an external powered docking station and the 1900 now reads it.

It seems to me that the 1900 doesn't supply enough power to the usb connector(s). Anyone confirm this?

BC

What is the Voltage and Amps of the power supply on your Hard Drive?

As the 1900 only has 5V 2 Amps

So this might be the issue with the specific hard drive you are using.

BC

yes, i can confirm that, after i plugged 2 usb memory sticks in, third a mouse and on 4 the dongle from the remote...nearby, what a nonsense...the box collapsed! means she does not recognize anymore the usb's! clearly lack of power!

and again, i can advice everybody NOT to flash the 2/3 update, after i have done that, freezings...crashes..instabilities...lan loosings....wifi loosings....sound problems.....amazing amazing amazing....

this company will not help their customers, they are not even able, to place update files on a server who works. even this board loads like a snail. they give a shit for customer, would be easy for them, to order a working firmware...but...they won't invest the money. this atv1900 box is the biggest hoax i have ever seen! MyGica Enjoy Box...is there anybody who question the chinese humor ???