Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muskie63

DTS Audio Passthru

Justin, do you expect the next firmware update to include full 5.1/7.1 DTS audio passthru?

Thanks

Passthrough is still something that we are trying to overcome on the 1900

So right now I cannot promise this.

What us the purpose of having an optical connection when 5.1 doesn't work. If you are saying that this is to going to be working in the near future then I will be returning my box because I'm not going to watch movies in stereo only .

Why is DTS audio passthru a hard issue to resolve on the ATV1900? Other boxes that use the same chip set can do it. Also are you implying that it will work on another MyGica box? I also have an ATV582, but it is not on a system that needs 5.1 audio. You really need to get this fixed. Spent nearly $200 on the ATV1900 whereas I could have spent less, gotten a unit with the same spec and had 5.1 audio. I purchased the AV1900 in stead because I like the GUI better, but not having 5.1 audio is a pretty big issue.

After 3 days here in our China office.

We have come to conclusion to come out with an update to 5.1 with a newer kernel version, along with many other features that the current version I put out a few weeks ago was missing.

I will push for Passthrough to be fixed.

The issue all along has been with Android 5.0 in general when it comes to Passthrough.

However I just wanted to ask if anybody has tried the Android 4.4 version I posted and if DD/DTS passthrough and can confirm if it is working or not?