Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top-jimmy

Will PVR record if ATV586 is "off"?

I did a quick test and my initial impression is no, if the ATV586 is switched off (red LED), it will not wake up and record your program at the scheduled time. Is this correct?

This may be an issue for me as when I turn the TV it is connected to off, the ATV586 also turns off. If I then try to turn the ATV586 back on it turns the TV back on. This happens presumably because of the "smart" digital link that exists between the TV and ATV586 via the HDMI cable.

Thanks,

Jim

I did a quick test and my initial impression is no, if the ATV586 is switched off (red LED), it will not wake up and record your program at the scheduled time. Is this correct?

This may be an issue for me as when I turn the TV it is connected to off, the ATV586 also turns off. If I then try to turn the ATV586 back on it turns the TV back on. This happens presumably because of the "smart" digital link that exists between the TV and ATV586 via the HDMI cable.

Thanks,

Jim

This sounds like a HDMI CEC issue

if you go into the settings menu, and over to advanced on the 586

You should see an option to select CEC control

If it is still turned OFF and does this, then you should look at your actual TVs settings.