Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Android 4.4 vs 5.1 on 1800E

At the end of last year I downloaded the Beta version of Android 5.1, Lollipop. For my useage it worked relatively fine with just a few issues, (power button). I run mostly Netflix and Plex, both were great.

I recently loaded up the latest Android 4.4 FW, loaded Netflix and Plex and continued to watched House of Cards. It seemed to me the the video quality of the 4.4 FW was much less than the 5.1 Lollipop release. (then again, is it just my imagination)

Before I switch back I was wondering if anyone else have experienced it. The picture seems less sharp. I have the 1800E set to 1080P currently. I'll live with the power button issue, after all the picture is what the TV is all about.

Justin, I did stay with the latest 4.4 FW release. I played with a few of the settings and it does seem to be working just great with the Apps I've loaded. Picture I found was off due to the display option, it wasn't set to 1080P so quality wasn't as good. My problem during setup.

Thanks

Justin, I did stay with the latest 4.4 FW release. I played with a few of the settings and it does seem to be working just great with the Apps I've loaded. Picture I found was off due to the display option, it wasn't set to 1080P so quality wasn't as good. My problem during setup.

Thanks

Ok thanks for letting me know