Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lionshare

Help: Unable to control 1900 with remotes.

I am new to the forum but have been doing a lot of reading since I got my 1900 back in Jan. 2016. Two days ago I lost power briefly to my house and now I can't control my box with the remote control. I tried two different remotes and a keyboard with no luck, It boots up after it's plugged in but no remote control. Can someone suggest a course of action?

Have you tried the dongles for the remotes and keyboards on all 4 USB ports?

Are there any lights on the remote when you press the buttons on it?

Thanks Justin for responding.

I have tried both the default and the KR-301 remotes in all 4 USB ports, with no luck. No red light on the remotes when the buttons are pressed and I have replaced the batteries, no different. The remotes are now totally inoperative, no on/off operation or any other control

I have tried both the default and the KR-301 remotes in all 4 USB ports, with no luck. No red light on the remotes when the buttons are pressed and I have replaced the batteries, no different. The remotes are now totally inoperative, no on/off operation or any other control

Justin,

I tried my buddy's default remote and dongle and it worked, this means both my USB dongles are dead. How can I go about getting replacements dongles for both my dead remotes, there are less than six months old?

Justin,

I tried my buddy's default remote and dongle and it worked, this means both my USB dongles are dead. How can I go about getting replacements dongles for both my dead remotes, there are less than six months old?

It is very odd that both remotes no longer have lights on them.

Where did you purchase them from?

The box and the second remote were purchased at Worldwide Satellites on Torbram & Derry Rd in Canada.

I was watching tv when the momentery power outage occured, both dongles were plugged in at that time. The tv and the box came back on, everything continued to work except the remotes.

The box and the second remote were purchased at Worldwide Satellites on Torbram & Derry Rd in Canada.

I was watching tv when the momentery power outage occured, both dongles were plugged in at that time. The tv and the box came back on, everything continued to work except the remotes.

I work out of this office.

If you like bring it by and I will have both remotes exchanged for you.

Elliott usually works the front, if he needs to confirm it while your here just tell him to ask for me.