Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killavolt

Crackly audio

I've owned this box for a little over a week and from day 1 the audio has been popping/crackling with anything I watch.

it seems to happen more during times when there's music or sound effects or just general movie action, but not so much if it's a scene with just dialogue although it is still present.

I'm not sure what I could do to fix it?

Ok thanks.... how do I use the OTA feature though? and will this erase all my settings?

I'd like to backup my Kodi settings before making any changes but I can't figure out how to use the FTP server to do it that way.

Ok thanks.... how do I use the OTA feature though? and will this erase all my settings?

I'd like to backup my Kodi settings before making any changes but I can't figure out how to use the FTP server to do it that way.

To use the OTA Feature, just use the pre installed app called UPGRADE that you can find on your box.

This update will not overwrite your settings.

it's set to auto update, but when I set it to manual and try and update it says "connect service fail"

I guess I'll have to see if I have an SD card kicking around for a local update.... but perhaps my version is old enough that it needs a few updates in between?

how can I check my firmware version?

it's set to auto update, but when I set it to manual and try and update it says "connect service fail"

I guess I'll have to see if I have an SD card kicking around for a local update.... but perhaps my version is old enough that it needs a few updates in between?

how can I check my firmware version?

You can jump from one firmware to another without having to upgrade to each one in between.

If you go into the settings part of the menus on the home screen, click on Wifi, then go over to OTHER.

In the bottom left of this screen you will see Build number

The last 8 digits are dated, this will give you the date of your Firmware version

The latest version is 20160323