Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Equilibrium

ATV 582 - openelec wifi not working

Hi Justin,

In response to your post, have the atv582, with bluetooth and wifi, but for some odd reason, wifi does not work in the recent release of openelec. can activate my bluetooth, no problem. even when i use the lan to go into my box, and do the connection checks, no wifi shows up, meaning its not even being loaded.

Equilibrium

Hi Justin,

In response to your post, have the atv582, with bluetooth and wifi, but for some odd reason, wifi does not work in the recent release of openelec. can activate my bluetooth, no problem. even when i use the lan to go into my box, and do the connection checks, no wifi shows up, meaning its not even being loaded.

Equilibrium

Wifi is accessed through a program add on for Openelec.

Hi Justin,

Which program add on?

Please advise.

Should be called Wifi Manager or Network manager

If not, resetting the box through the Recovery menu should bring you into the Startup/Welcome screen

Which is where you can access Wifi again.

So.... I didn't want to start a new thread for a wifi issue since the answer will still be relevant here, I also have an Atv582 (no bluetooth) with a WiFi issue, the WiFi performance just seems non existent. My speeds with the same box in the same location running Android vs openelec V6 is considerable. On occasion openelec will fail to connect to the WiFi, am I missing something simple or is there a driver mismatch?

Thanks

So.... I didn't want to start a new thread for a wifi issue since the answer will still be relevant here, I also have an Atv582 (no bluetooth) with a WiFi issue, the WiFi performance just seems non existent. My speeds with the same box in the same location running Android vs openelec V6 is considerable. On occasion openelec will fail to connect to the WiFi, am I missing something simple or is there a driver mismatch?

Thanks

I think it might be a driver issue.

Since 582 and 1800 both use 2 different drivers on 2 different versions.

One uses just Wifi Module, and another version uses Wifi Module/Bluetooth module

This parts covered on Android.

Will have to get this fixed in the next version of Openelec.